• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Torn World] The Goblins Stir (Module)

tornworld_alyssa

First Post

The Goblins Stir: A Torn World Adventure - Torn World | RPGNow.com

The distant, fragmented goblin hordes of Plas-Tok rally under a new and sinister banner.

The innumerable goblin hordes of Plas-Tok have never approached close to the town of Rune and possess an almost spiritual fear of the area. An ancient and shattered artifact held in religious reverence by the townsfolk is believed to be the cause of the goblins dread and a protective barrier more complete than any stockade or wall.

But as leaders from nearby settlements meet at Rune to discuss a new era of peace and cooperation, there comes rumor of an approaching goblin warband. With the incursion being the deepest of its kind in many years there is renewed concern for the goblin menace and their intent.

The Goblins Stir is a challenging introductory 3.5 OGL Pathfinder adventure for the Shattered Blade Campaign in the Torn World: Shadow Vale setting. Designed for 4-6 1st level characters, The Goblins Stir can equally be used as stand-alone material for any fantasy setting.

With an action-packed beginning as each character is challenged from one of over half a dozen solo encounters, details for the town of Rune, surrounding wilderness, village of Raven Downs, nearby ruined keep, and the dungeon beneath, this adventure module provides the DM with all the materials for his or her new fantasy campaign. Will your characters learn why the goblin forces have wandered so close to the human settlements?

This Module includes:

1. Over 50 pages spanning overland and dungeon encounters
  2. Detailed maps of the settlements of Rune and Raven Downs
  3. Two overland maps of Raven Downs Keep: isometric and top-down floorplans
  4. Two dungeon maps of Raven Downs catacombs: isometric and top-down floorplans
  5. A new creature to challenge your PCs: The Flayed Wraith!

Visit us at: http://www.tornworld.com
Follow us on Facebook

tornworld_alyssa

First Post
We have the first review in and it's a stellar 4/5 stars from a distinguished reviewer: Peter Ingham

Check it out:
The Goblins Stir is the first adventure in the Shattered Blade saga set in the Torn World campaign setting. This is an introductory adventure for 1st level characters for the Pathfinder RPG, and takes place in the Shadow Vale region of the campaign setting. Here the PCs come together during uneasy peace talks between the various races of the Shadow Vale, and are thrust on a mission of vital importance as the goblins start making inroads into territory they have not been in for hundreds of years. This adventure can be played as part of the larger campaign setting or as a stand-alone adventure.

The adventure is a 56 page pdf product. Production quality is very high, in particular some of the stunning artwork and the various maps. The product does an excellent job of providing everything a DM needs for the adventure, including more maps and artwork representations than are strictly required. I was impressed by this kind of quality in the first product from a new publisher, and I'm excited to see what future products are going to be like. Writing and editing is good - the author also has additional comments strewn across the adventure which makes for interesting takes on the designer's mind. The chapter format and overall layout is excellent, with encounters neatly presented with clear and concise rules and instructions for running them smoothly. Professional presentation and high quality.

I enjoyed this adventure. It's logical and follows a well-defined path without being rail-roading. There's plenty of good combat to be had where tactics and thinking are required, as well as ample scope for fun roleplaying in a tense situation. Characters of all sorts will find this an enjoyable and challenging adventure. Here and there the adventure could've used a little more direction, particularly in the final parts where the adventure can be quite dangerous and it doesn't appear within the scope of the original adventure mission as given to the characters at the start. That said, it still makes for a fun part of the adventure, and will challenge the players and the DM to make a dynamic final part to the adventure. Wilderness travel and dungeon exploring can both be found - it fact, I'm willing to say that this adventure almost has a little bit of everything in it, and in that sense is very balanced.

Overall, I think this is a good and balanced adventure - well constructed, good attention to detail, and something for everyone. It's not the most amazing plot in the world, although it's perhaps a little early to tell, and I wish this adventure had alluded a bit more to things in the future, particularly on the history and background of the Shattered Blade. Barring a few minor niggles, a good, fun romp that most GMs can play easily. I'm looking forward to the sequels to this adventure and other stuff to come from Torn World. Good adventure.

RPGNow.com - The Goblins Stir: A Torn World Adventure Reviews

Pinotage

Explorer
Is there an ETA for the second adventure in there series? I also read something about the Shadow Vale Player's Guide. Is there a release schedule somewhere? The latter will be useful when running the series of adventures.

Thanks! Keep up the great products!

Pinotage

tornworld_alyssa

First Post
Hey guys!

We probably spend too much time on Facebook and tend to post release dates there, but we're working on getting a forum/blog/articles up on our site in the next month, so hopefully we'll be able to communicate about what's coming down the road to a broader audience more effectively ;)

We're getting a lot of requests for the player's guide, so think we're going to ensure this goes out next: shooting for July 4th weekend (although there will be a foreword by an industry star, so I need to ensure he has time to do his thing :) )

I can see The Shattered Blade being about a month later.

Just as an FYI, the Player's Guide and Shattered Blade are both written in draft form and ready to go ... if Aberzanzorax or Pinotage would like to see a beta version, maybe play them through and give me feedback (which I can then incorporate prior to launch), contact me and maybe we can work something out ! =D

~ Alyssa

Remove ads