• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Totemist has ruined me, or "Why Natural Attacks seem cooler than Weapon Attacks"

emoplato

First Post
They really are cooler and they can gain more die damage. It is because the sheer fun of saying oh did I miss oh look I have another and mauling them to the ground because of the insane CMB checks you can rack up. Also you forgot three more from Improved Unarmed Strike.
Power attack is great but I find unless but to really use it you need to have insane attack boosting ability(ToB/Kensai:heh: I am looking at you) or you are striking the side of a barn you must charge and I have pointed out problems with charging in other forums. There are things out there that by simply hitting things a lot can do much more harm or better chance of than the one mighty blow of a two-handed weapon when magical defenses are in the picture(backbiter).

Last edited:

Jack Simth

First Post
They really are cooler and they can gain more die damage. It is because the sheer fun of saying oh did I miss oh look I have another and mauling them to the ground because of the insane CMB checks you can rack up. Also you forgot three more from Improved Unarmed Strike.
Power attack is great but I find unless but to really use it you need to have insane attack boosting ability(ToB/Kensai:heh: I am looking at you) or you are striking the side of a barn you must charge and I have pointed out problems with charging in other forums. There are things out there that by simply hitting things a lot can do much more harm or better chance of than the one mighty blow of a two-handed weapon when magical defenses are in the picture(backbiter).
Warning: There are also a number of effects that hurt the attacker on a per-hit basis.

emoplato

First Post
Warning: There are also a number of effects that hurt the attacker on a per-hit basis.
Yes, but those defenses aren't likely to kill one hit, like backbiter. A lot of them are elemental in nature. Totemists can rock energy resistance. Even if they aren't one can choose whether or not to stop when the DM announces damage rolls against you.

Remove ads