• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Touch Attack and Flat-footed

Ixidior

First Post
Hi,

I have a very very big question.

What happend if i use for example a scorching ray that is a range touch attack(Denny ARmor Bonus and Natural armor bonus) while i'm invisibility with greater invisibility. So the target is flat-footed i think.

So my question is.. while you're doing a touch attack you can consider that the target is flat-footed too?? so his/her AC is going to be 10 + Deflection???(No Armor bonus, No Natural armor bonus,no dexterity bonus)

Thnx for your time.

irdeggman

First Post
Rules Compendium pg 76

"An invisible attacker gains a +2 bonus on attack rolls against opponents that can't see it. Opponents are denied their Dex Bonuses to AC against an ivisible attacker's attacks."

The target isn't "flat footed" (that technically only applies at the start of combat) but the target is denied his dex bonus (if any) to AC.

Also the attacker gains a +2 to his attack.

And if using a touch attack the target doesn't gain any armor, shield or natural armor bonuses to AC.

RC pg 15

"Any situation that denies you your Dex bonus to AC also denies you dodge bonuses."

So pretty much the target wouldn't get any Dex bonus to AC, any dodge bonuses, any armor, any shield or any natural armor bonuses to AC.

And the attacker gains an additional +2 to his attack.

And since the target is denied his Dex bonus to AC any applicable precision damage would apply (e.g., sneak attack) if the other conditions are met (e.g. within 30 ft for a ranged attack).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads