Touch of Madness [4e] [IC] [Paging Insight, Walking Dad, Erekose13]

Insight

Adventurer
"By Moradin's great beard, ye foul creatures'll not harm anyone else, not on my watch!" Darek says as he charges forward, shield leading the way. He barrels by Kyriel and to the closest of these enemies, bashing at it.

[sblock=Actions]
Move Action: Move 5 squares to A21.
Standard Action: Charge 2 squares to -B21 and Shield Bash Grell 1. Attack: 1d20+12=30 vs. Reflex. On hit, 1d10+7=13 damage and Grell 1 is pushed 2 squares to -E21 and knocked prone.
No Action: Grell 1 is marked.
Battlerage Vigor: Darek gains 3 Temporary Hit Points and adds +2 to his damage rolls.
Minor Action: Enter Stalwart Guard stance: Any adjacent ally gains a +2 shield bonus to AC and Reflex defenses.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Stat Block]
Darek Hornswallower - Dwarf Fighter 10
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 28, Fort: 23, Ref: 19, Will: 20 -- Speed: 5
HP: 85/85, Bloodied: 42, Surge Value: 21, Surges/Day 12/12
Initiative +4, Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will: Melee Basic Attack, Combat Challenge, Cleave, Crushing Surge
Encounter: Blinding Smash, Divine Challenge, Savage Parry, Shield Bash
Daily: Create Opening, Divine Bodyguard, Knee Breaker, Paladin's Judgment, Shift the Battlefield, Stalwart Guard

Powers, Item:
Daily: Battleforged Heavy Shield, Righteous Craghammer +2
Properties: Cloak of the Walking Wounded (Can expend 2 healing surges instead of one when using second wind when bloodied), Rushing Cleats (+2 attack to Bull Rush, +1 square to his pushes or slides)[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Phaeryn dances around the grell with a flowing movement hammering into the creatures exposed grey matter with a vicious fist.

The Grell closest to Phaeryn moves behind flanking him

Sharun moves in with a telekinetic attack but misses.

[sblock="OOC"]
Round 2:

30: Gurk : 55/71
30: Grell 3
25: Phaeryn
25: Grell 1
23: Grell 4 : 40 damage : vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel
13: Baden
11: Grell 2 : 9 damage
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek
07: Baern

Phaeryn hits Grell 4 for 21 damage.
Grell 1 attacks Phaeryn rolls 24 vs. AC: miss.
Grell 4 attacks Gurk rolls 16 vs. Fort: miss (grr stupid die)
Fails save

Sharun: Force grasp doesn't do immobilized unless you fully augment it, and does force damage so not venerable.
you didn't list the 2d8 for full augment so i'm assuming none. Would you in the future list what level of augment when you use it and how many remaining Power points in your stat block.

Kyriel, your up.

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-2-2.jpg
    tom1-2-2.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 73

Galphanore

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry about that, I originally planned to do the full augment and wrote it that way then changed my mind but forgot to remove the full immobilized.[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
"I don't know their language," Kyriel says in a hard voice. "It is not something fit to be spoken under the sun. This has gone on long enough."

With a determined set to her jaw, she glided forward, avoiding the reach of the nearby grell's tentacles and threading her way through the frightened pilgrims to approach the statue at the center of it all.

With a quick motion, she rapped the base of her staff against the flagstones, and impossibly it made a long, deep clang as if it had struck some impossibly ancient bell.

The wind stopped in its tracks, and the tweeting of birds ceased, along with the barking of dogs. Though the pilgrims kept fleeing, still shouting and screaming, the natural world held its breath waiting to see what came next.

Into that receptive silence, Kyriel began to speak. Her words echoed in everyone's ears, not loud, but somehow conducted with perfect clarity to all present, as if the air itself was afraid to be accused of marring them in any way.

"Go now in peace to the place of gathering, and know that the blessing of the gods is upon you. Let those who prey on travelers, or who hunt for blood or the coin the slain know that you walk the holy road, and they will leave you be. For the judgment of the gods is swift, and the sentence terrible indeed for those would be their enemies."

She rang her staff again. The earth resonated with it, rumbling ever so slightly.

"The desecrators fled, but there was no peace for them. For all hands were against them, and even the beasts snapped at their heels as they ran. No home, no harbor, no sanctuary could shield them from the wrath of the gods; whose vengeance is eternal as the stars."

Another clanging rang out, rippling the ground slightly as if it was the surface of a pond. Her voice rose a notch, becoming an accusation, and a grim promise.

"For I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers!"

This time she merely raised her staff high, and electric blue light sparkled deep in the wells of her eyes.

"And you will know whom I serve, when I lay their vengeance upon thee."

With that pronouncement of doom, Kyriel brought her staff down to the ground with all her strength. The flagstones splintered, and cracks spidered outward along the ground towards the grell like fingers in the earth. The noise shook the heavens like the pealing of thunder.

(OOC - Moving to B19, straight to the west 3 squares, then diagonally northwest 2 more. If I count right, that puts all badguys within 10 squares of me. Then I cast Fourfold Invocation of Doom as a standard.)

Rolls to hit:
27, 28, 27, 19
Roll Lookup
Using Memory of 1000 Lifetimes on the 19.
Resut: 3, making it a 22
Roll Lookup

Effect: On hit, Daze until Save ends. On Miss, save until EonT. Either way, they take 5 psychic damage when they attack me, hit or miss.

[sblock=Stat Block]Kyriel; Deva Invoker 10
Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 25
AC:28, Fort:21, Ref:21, Will:23 -- Speed: 6 (5 in armor)
HP:62/62, Bloodied:31, Surge Value:15, Surges Per-Day 9/9
Resistances: Fire 5, Cold 5, Poison 5, Radiant 10, Necrotic 10
Initiative: +12 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used

At-Will
Sun Strike
Vanguard's Lightning
Summoned Armor (Item)
Spymaster's Quill (Item)
Floating Lantern (Item)

Encounter
Blades of Astral Fire
Chains of Carceri
Baleful Eye of Judgement
Memory of 1000 Lifetimes (Racial)
Channel Divinity: (Class)
- Preserver's Rebuke
- Rebuke Undead
Demand Justice
Viper Belt (Item)

Daily
Summon Angel of Fire.
Searing Orb
Fourfold Invocation of Doom (used)
Shroud of Warning
Mass Cure Light Wounds (Multiclass feat)
Healing Word (Multiclass feat)
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
**Kyriel in-character see above**

Baden moves int closer and fires at the grell but misses.

The rear grell focuses a burst of Psychic Energy near Gurk and Phaeryn dazing all around.

Baern sing spirits of winter itself against his foe.

[sblock="OOC"]
Kyriel, does impressive stuff, all Grell dazed.

Baden moves to K18 fires and misses.
Grell 2 used psychic storm, 23 vs. Phaeryn Will hit; 29 vs Grell 4 will hit; 21 vs Gurk will hit: 12 damage and dazed (save ends)
Grell 2 makes Save vs. Dazed
Psychic Storm is a Zone, creatures entering the zone are dazed (save ends)

Baern hits Grell 3, teleports Spirit and moves.

Insight, I wanted to let you change Darek's actions in light of the zone. and then Gurks turn.

Round 2:

30: Gurk : 43/71 : Dazed (save ends)
30: Grell 3 : 10 damage : Dazed (save ends)
25: Phaeryn : Dazed (save ends)
25: Grell 1 : Dazed (save ends)
23: Grell 4 : 52 damage : vulnerable 5 psychic (save ends), Dazed (save ends)
15: Sharun
14: Kyriel : any creature that hit or misses you takes 5 psychic
13: Baden
11: Grell 2 : 9 damage
11: Pilgrims
10: Darek
07: Baern

[/sblock]

Attachments

• tom1-2-3.jpg
    tom1-2-3.jpg
    208.3 KB · Views: 74

Insight

Adventurer
OOC: I have updated Darek's actions to reflect the changes in circumstances. He is now doing essentially the same thing, but against Grell 1 instead of Grell 4.

Erekose13

Explorer
Phaeryn tries to shrug off the effects of the Psychic Storm by focusing on his own purifying meditation. Able to move again, he adopts the Dragon Tail stance and knocks the damaged grell (4) prone with a huge smack down. Eager to capitalize on the moment, Phaeryn moves around the dazed grell nearby (1) and knocks it prone too.

[sblock=actions]Minor: save vs. Psychic Storm (1d20+4=14)
Standard: dragon's tail vs. grell4 fort (1d20+14=34, 1d6+5+4=12) crit!
crit dmg (2d6=6)
= knocked prone & 21 damage (includes furry of blows)
Move: move to D20 (no OAs as both are dazed)
Action Point: dragon tail vs. Grell1 fort (1d20+14=28, 1d6+5=7) = hit; prone + 7 damage.

[/sblock][sblock=Combat Statblock]Phaeryn Duskhaunt; Revenant Monk 10
Passive Perception: 26, Passive Insight: 19; low-light
AC:25, Fort:21, Ref:23, Will:23 -- Speed: 6
HP:65/77, Bloodied:38, Surge Value:19, Surges Per-Day 9/9
Initiative: +14 Action Points: 0 Second Wind: Un-Used
[sblock=Powers]Minor
Dark Reaping
Purifying Meditation [Encounter]
Ornament of Alertness [Daily]
Potion of Vigor [Consumable]

Standard
Dragon's Tail
Dancing Cobra
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Strike the Avalanche
Masterful Strike
One Hundred Leaves
Strength to Weakness

Free
Centered Furry of Blows

Move
Dragon's Tail
Dancing Cobra
Drunken Monkey
Dance of Swords
Strike the Avalanche

Immediate Interrupt
Monk Leaf on the Wind [Encounter]
Iron Dragon Defense [Encounter]

Immediate Reaction
Boots of Furious Speed [Daily]

Properties
Lifedrinker Monk Unarmed Strike
Boots of Furious Speed
[/sblock][/sblock]

Galphanore

First Post
Sharun heads to the side with a determined stride, moving toward the Grell leader, stopping long enough to poke a hole in the mind of one of the others so he doesn't get in the way.

[sblock=OOC]Move to D18, Memory Hole 1d20+16 → [5,16] = (21) to hit, 1d6+9 → [2,9] = (11) Damage to Grell 1 Int vs Will or I'm invisible to him till the end of my next turn.[sblock=Stat Block]Sharundabald Abizandabar- Tiefling Psion 10
Passive Perception: 21, Passive Insight: 19
AC:23, Fort:16, Ref:22, Will:22 -- Speed: 6 (7 when Bloodied)
HP:58/58, Bloodied:29, Surge Value:14, Surges Per-Day 6/6
Initiative +5 Action Points: 0, Second Wind: Not Used

Powers, Inherent:
At Will : Melee Basic Attack, Ranged Masic Attack, Memory Hole, Betrayal, Force Grasp
Encounter : Infernal Wrath, Distract, Send Thoughts, Intellect Fortress, Eyebite
Daily : Mental Trauma, Crisis of Identity, Mind Shadow, Sensory Onslaught, Intellect Leech

Powers, Item:
At Will : Mage Hand, Prestidigitation
Daily : Ghost Phase, +2 Power Bonus next Int Attack, Wildrunners, Obsidian Steed
Always Active : Cloak of Disortion (-5 to hit him for ranged attacks greater than 5 squares away)[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads