• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Toward a new D&D aesthetics

What is your feeling about the changes in aesthetics of D&D illustrations?

• I really enjoy those changes. The illustrations resemble well my ideal setting!

• I'm ok with those changes, even if my ideal setting has a different aesthetics.

• I'm uncertain about those changes

• I'm not ok with those changes because it impairs my immersion in the game.

• I hate those changes, I do not recognize D&D anymore

• The art doesn't really matter to me either way. I don't buy/play the game for the art.

• Change in aesthetics? Where? What?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had to read your post three times to understand it. Way too many tangents and unnecessary details. Just a hot tip to introduce clarity to your future posts.

Lol...here's a hot tip: Unsolicited critiques of other people's writing styles are extremely obnoxious and off-putting!

Anyway, I'm a professional editor and writer, and you're remarkably bad at debating, and apparently at reading comprehension.

And yes, I suppose this is a personal attack, since your veneer of politeness doesn't negate the fact that you've been consistently rude and dismissive in this thread, including in this response to me.

Lol...here's a hot tip: Unsolicited critiques of other people's writing styles are extremely obnoxious and off-putting!

Anyway, I'm a professional editor and writer, and you're remarkably bad at debating, and apparently at reading comprehension.

And yes, I suppose this is a personal attack, since your veneer of politeness doesn't negate the fact that you've been consistently rude and dismissive in this thread, including in this response to me.
Hey! I am never trying to be rude or dismissive to anyone. What I am going to be with you or anyone is direct. Understand the difference?

But... I'm not offended by your opinion. What is it you feel I'm failing at debating or comprehension-wise? I am very legitimately curious.

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
Hey! I am never trying to be rude or dismissive to anyone. What I am going to be with you or anyone is direct. Understand the difference?
To be fair, a lot of people try do to excuse being a jerk by saying they are "just being direct". Not saying you are that guy, but don't be that guy.

If being "direct" in a conversation is repeatedly misunderstood, that needs to be reconsidered as a valid approach to conversation, at least in that context.

I hope that wasn't too direct.

To be fair, a lot of people try do to excuse being a jerk by saying they are "just being direct". Not saying you are that guy, but don't be that guy.

If being "direct" in a conversation is repeatedly misunderstood, that needs to be reconsidered as a valid approach to conversation, at least in that context.

I hope that wasn't too direct.
It was not too direct. Am I being repeatedly misunderstood?

Vaalingrade

Legend
It was not too direct. Am I being repeatedly misunderstood?
If your aim was to no come off as condescending and insulting, then yes.

Your tone is coming off as consistently hostile, condescending and with an air of 'I am smarter than you, you poor intellectual inferior'.

If that is not your intention, perhaps examine your posts and the responses people are having to them.

If your aim was to no come off as condescending and insulting, then yes.

Your tone is coming off as consistently hostile, condescending and with an air of 'I am smarter than you, you poor intellectual inferior'.

If that is not your intention, perhaps examine your posts and the responses people are having to them.
I'm sorry, but this seems like more your problem than mine. I really don't have a condescending bone in my body. I don't look down on anyone or stay angry with people. Not my thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads