• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Trailer] World War Z

this movie should be renamed

Straffing Neds In Glasgow With Cannons and Napalm

I heartily approve of this!! :p

(those familiar with the city of Glasgow will know EXACTLY what I mean when waching the video, lol!)

Bungus

First Post
big change from the books, where the zombies were the slow, lumbering types you saw in Night of the Living Dead and its sequels or the somewhat faster lumbering zombies from The Walking Dead. This is more like 28 Days Later/I Am Legend... in fact, one of the scenes reminded me of 28 Weeks Later.

Looks pretty intense, but how close is the rest of the plot to the book?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
It is fine and dandy to make a zombie apocalypse movie.

It is not fine and dandy to use the tile of an excellent book, and then make a movie that bears no real resemblance to the book, and slap the title on it.

I fully understand that some things usually have to change when adapting from one medium to another. But tossing out the entire plot and concept is rather much.

I am less than impressed.

Mercutio01

First Post
It is fine and dandy to make a zombie apocalypse movie.

It is not fine and dandy to use the tile of an excellent book, and then make a movie that bears no real resemblance to the book, and slap the title on it.

I fully understand that some things usually have to change when adapting from one medium to another. But tossing out the entire plot and concept is rather much.

I am less than impressed.

This, exactly.

I said it in a Facebook discussion with a friend, but it appears that the filmmakers bought the rights with the sole intent of stealing the title, knowing full well that their film had nothing whatsoever to do with the source material.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not familiar with the book. Based on the trailer alone - I like the "waves of zombies" idea.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm not familiar with the book.

I find it to be an excellent work, and would recommend it.

It is *not* a "one man trying to find the cure" story. No spoilers, as you learn this in the first chapter of the book: It is more like a documentary. After the zombie apocalypse, the UN sends someone to gather the stories of the events, which are then all told to you in the voice of the people who lived it. Not all these stories are central to winning the war, but all seem, at least to me, to be intensely human stories.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads