• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trap CR Question

Cheezehog

First Post
I'm designing a kobold lair that is heavily trapped (of course). One trp I would like to use is one that would drop porticulises (sp) at each end of a corridor. Then alcheminical fire would be sprayed into the sealed area. The trap is totally mechanical. What would be the CR for the trap?

Kershek

Sci-Fi Newshound
If you have the Forge of Fury module, take a look at room 10. Maybe add one to the CR since you have an enclosed area.

Nasma

First Post
How much damage does the fire do? If it were just two portcullis traps I would give it CR 4 (twice as hard as one so CR increases by 2) but i am not sure on the damage so the total CR is harder.

Cheezehog

First Post
Danage 1d6 the first round with an additional 1d6 the following round. The trap is trigged by a pressure plate in the middle of the hallway. It is set to go off when someone more the 60 lbs. steps on it.

Macbrea

First Post
If someone has a FRCG. The adventure in the end of it has a couple of acid traps with other effect. Those should give you a rough guess to the CR of your trap.

One is:

In an open hall:

A blast glyph of warding on the floor set to go off if someone passed it. On the cieling was a set of bamboo poles with bottles of alchemist fire and tanglefoot bags. Once, the person sets off the glyph, the ceiling catchs fire and next round the lot of the the alchemist fire and tanglefoot bags cover the area below.

Not sure the CR of that trap but it sounds about the same.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads