• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traps and Concealment

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Just a simple question: Does Concealment help against (mechanical) traps that use an attack roll? Realism says no, but I couldn't find a rule in the core books.

The only concealment what works vs any traps are the displacement or ghostly abilities, the visual concealment doesn't work I rule but this is my opinion.
I couldn't find anything about this in core books sorry.
I hope that helps :)

Derren

Hero
Displacement is visual.

I don't think there is anything in the rules which says that traps don't suffer from concealment despite it beeing logical.

index

First Post
Who cares what the rules say?

Tarril Wolfeye said:
Just a simple question: Does Concealment help against (mechanical) traps that use an attack roll? Realism says no, but I couldn't find a rule in the core books.

Who cares whether the rules directly address this issue? There's no enough room in a whole set of encyclopedia-size volumes to address every possible situation. Unless the trap is visually activated (very specific magical traps, or an undead skeleton pulls a cord, etc), go with the logical interpretation.

(Undead, the no-guilt enemy.)

--index

Tarril Wolfeye

First Post
Well, I know all the arguments.

But it seems that the RAW give you a 50% chance not being hit by a trap just by being invisible. It just seems strange to me that this never came up before.
@ index: yeah, but D&D tries to give you a rule for every situation, just not this one.

Remove ads