• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traveller Suggestions Needed: Gen Con 2008...

Flynn

First Post
Good Morning, All:

As usual, the wheel of the year turns and once more we are at the point where I must consider ideas for the adventures I will be running at Gen Con Indy this summer. Event submission begins in a few weeks, and in order to insure a place for my games, I will have to submit them quickly.

As many of you know, I am a big fan of Traveller, and all but one session of the games I've run at Gen Con have been Traveller-based. Since there are Traveller fans here, I felt this would be an appropriate venue for this post.

This year, I thought I'd do something new, and ask you guys what you would like to see as a Convention adventure that can be run from beginning to end in 4-6 hours. Are there any Traveller/sci-fi scenarios you'd like to explore? What kind of adventure would you want to sign up for?

I was thinking about some exploratory "missions" along a frontier, but if you guys would rather see something else, I am open to hearing your input. Feel free to choose your time period (Interstellar Wars, Classic Era, 1248, whatever), if it will help with your suggestion. If you want a "Return To..." style adventure that revisits an old classic, feel free to suggest it. Whatever it is, I'm open to hearing it. If it sparks my interest, too, I could be running your idea in August.

Basically, you have until the end of January, 2008, to post some ideas and concepts of games you'd like to see me run at Gen Con (again within the 4-6 hour time constraint). I'll choose the ones that seem to get the most support or spark the most enthusiasm within me, and I'll take the ideas from there, fleshing three of them out into full adventures for the Con.

So here's your chance to help decide what scenarios I will run at Gen Con. I look forward to your input.

With Regards,
Flynn

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
For a short time frame adventure, I'd avoid a big exploratory adventure. In fact, I would even use the time constraint as part of the adventure:

A saboteur has murdered the ship's chief engineer and damaged the controls of the ship, which is now in an unstable orbit, falling toward a moon/planet/star/black hole. The characters need to get the ship repaired in time to pull out of the imminent destruction of the ship, while finding out who killed the ship's engineer and why.

GAAAHHH

First Post
Maybe something set in the last days of the Interstellar Wars.

A Vilani fleet launces a punitive expedition against an Earth frontier system. The PCs have a lightly armed cargo freighter (or whatever ship you prefer). They can evacuate as many as possible (but leave more to an uncertain fate), engage in a guerrilla war on the surface, or try to lure the enemy into a dangerous game of hide and seek in the system's asteroid belt.

Warren Okuma

First Post
Whizbang Dustyboots said:
For a short time frame adventure, I'd avoid a big exploratory adventure. In fact, I would even use the time constraint as part of the adventure:

A saboteur has murdered the ship's chief engineer and damaged the controls of the ship, which is now in an unstable orbit, falling toward a moon/planet/star/black hole. The characters need to get the ship repaired in time to pull out of the imminent destruction of the ship, while finding out who killed the ship's engineer and why.
I like.

You might want to run multiple events at once. Fire breaks out during the repair, while the cargo opens up and spews kill bots. Assassin starts shooting and a bomb goes active.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads