• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Traveller T20. Tukera Tour of Terror

jasper

Rotten DM
To Captain Frank McQuade, Captain Ebon Rapturous, Gene Arbinke owner:
Dear Captain, I have started doing the analyst of your request. The replacement of beam lasers with pulse lasers and adding a new missile launcher will cost 4.25 MCr. This includes a trade in on beam lasers. This will leave 750 KCr in your account. However I will need either written or recorded verbal authorization to start. You can contact me at Star 8670309. Sincerely Honest Jasper’s Joe Isuzu Manager

Dear Captain, I have started doing the analyst of your request. I will list the amount of cargo space lost with each option. Jump three engines cost 8 MCr each. The ship needs eight total cost would be 64 MCr. The addition will take forty (40) dTons of fuel. Jump three software would be four hundred (400) KCr. Total cost 64.4 MCr. Total Cargo space lost forty four dTons leaving the ship with 56.1 dTons in the main cargo hold. The EP usage will increase by 2. Adding a maneuver three (3) g capability will require eight (8) drives at a total cost twenty (20) MCr with a five (5) dTons of cargo space lost. The EP usage will increase by 5. Total for both 84.4 MCr with total lost of Fifty one point one (51.1) dTons cargo space.
I will need written authorization. You can contact me at Star 8670309. Sincerely Honest Jasper’s Joe Isuzu Manager

Dear Captain, I have started doing the analyst of your request. We regret to inform you we or any other company in The Reach space are unable to provide the necessary equipment. The companies in Biskra can provide the equipment but a shipping charge would be added. The following estimates do not include a shipping charge if one is necessary.
I will list the amount of cargo space lost with each option. Jump four (4) engines cost ten (10) MCr with addition weight of five (5) dTons and additional 10 EP usage and addition 80 dTons of fuel. You will need a Model four (4) computer addition point one (.1) dTons with a cost four hundred sixty (460) KCr. Total cost 80.46 MCr with a lost of 85.1 tons of cargo space. Adding a maneuver four (4) g capability will eight (8) drives at a total cost twenty two (22) MCr with a sixteen (16) dTons of cargo space lost. The EP usage will increase by 10. Total cargo lost will be 101.1 tons which 1 ton over the cargo space. Plus the EP usage will be over the amount produced with your current power plants. I would suggest looking into replacing all your power plants which will save some space. However you will not longer be able to carry cargo or the cargo amount will be under approximately ten (10) dTons.
You can contact me at Star 8670309. Sincerely Honest Jasper’s Joe Isuzu Manager

jasper

Rotten DM
To Captain Frank McQuade, Captain Ebon Rapturous, Gene Arbuckle owner:

Dear Captain The cost for Imperium Blanket Permit Third Class is ten (10) Kilo credits. This permit will cover all individuals in your employ. This covers all non full auto military weapons, all blades, and all hold out or snub weapons except SMG.

SMG permits are ten (10) Kilo credits per ship. The SMG permit limits one SMG per 200 dTons on cargo/passenger ships.

Violation of weapon code in the various worlds varies from refused entry, fines, and weapon confiscation to detainment. However if you are inspected during a custom inspection the standard rule is for the inspector to order the local illegal weapons to be locked in the ship’s weapon locker. The inspector can at times watch you secured the local illegal weapons.
If you want to purchase blanket ship permits for access to Nuclear Mining Explosives (Cat 5), Conventional Explosives (Cat 3), and military starship lasers (Cat 4) you need to pay a filing fee and case study to the local MOJ offices or local branches of Instellarms division. On military starship lasers is rare for such a permit to be issued unless the ship is an Imperium mail ship.
Bounty hunting requires no permit but you are responsible for any local laws broken. If the suspect is wanted by the Imperium you can call on Imperium military and law forces to assist, while in Imperium space.

Recovering of skipped ships requires a permit of one (1) Kilo credit plus a bond of ten (10) Kilo credits. If skipped ships are discovered in Imperium space you may call on Imperium military and law forces to assist. The Imperium and The Reach has a skipped treaty with the Old Worlds government. The treaty allows for recovery of skipped ships of all signed treaty members in each other’s space. The recovered ship needs only to be delivered local star port authorities. However a delay of the recovery payment can be expected if the ship is not delivered to primary issuer of the skip. Also The Old Worlds allows for a reduction of the payment to pay for the cost of delivery crew and fuel.

Imperium space in this sector is The Reach (Rh), and Coin (Im).
Minister Marie Newman MOJ

The Reach allows bounty hunting. The cost is one (1) Kilo credit plus membership in a local bounty hunter guild. Bounty hunting permit is good for The Reach space. If you recover a bounty in other government space you are responsible for laws broken in that space but you are not bound by The Reach laws in other government space. Payment will on delivery if delivered to issuing planet. Payment may be delayed if the suspect is delivered to The Reach space. However some guilds will wave the delay.
Randaloff Scott. Turku Justice Office.

To Captain Frank McQuade and crew.

We welcome your application to joining local 333 Bounty Hunting, Bunny hunting, and Quilters Guild. Please contact us at your leisure for more information.
Paul Thompson Guild Master.

Tickleberry

First Post
Cat's eye view/ earlier post has been edited

I have been busy. The ship is at least flightworthy enough to get somewhere it can be fixed. However, we will have to do it in a series of jumps. We also received some very good news: the Qbert lives! Two crew are aboard, and they dare not leave it. We can resupply their fuel to keep them going, and take on some popsicles to get them home. We get to do good deeds, and get paid for it. Isn't that lovely?

We will have to make two layover stops to get to Ranua, and perhaps raise the needed money that way. I am good at trading, very good. It is quite possible that I can make more than enough between both places.

The first layover involved some minor trading, and some major trading. I make a good profit on our refueling stop, but the second stop got a little more interesting. There I finally clue in Alice about the lesson I wanted to teach princey. Already the marines had tried to talk, scream, and plead sense in, I decided to be a little more "hands on." After I inspected Himme's necklace again, which she did not want back on, she helped me with the lesson. What does a cat need with a neural blocker?

If that jackass Mason ever pulls another stupid stunt like that again, I'll push his lasered carcass out an airlock. He may have had a gun at my ear, I had a damned laser on his heart. He KNEW it was going down, and KNEW that Alice knew. I think I'll put a bug in her ear to let the pompous princeling keep Mason sole company, whilst she and the others bug out for a little while. Hell, they deserve a break. Mason needs a lesson in true pretentions, I believe.

Finally, finally, we make it to Ranua. I have no idea why that stateroom will not keep a decent temperature. I have had more than enough of the teasing. Tempting to fix their staterooms for them. Nah, then the Medical suite would get too crowded.

Himme can talk. She has asked to join our party. I asked her why she doesn't just ask Brenda? Heh, she really likes me for some reason. Amazingly, enough to put up with Jesse and Squish. So I smuggle them aboard.

I made enough on those trading trips to not only put the ship back to specs, but to consider some improvements. However, even with frank and Jesses considered winnings (boy those boys can play), not enough to offset the costs of improving the jump engines. Nuts.

We take on some interesting cargo for our trips back through the jumps, and boy, have we got surprises for Gateway. Not only are we taking back a treaty, but loads for Gateway, and a relief crew for Qbert. Heh, we even managed to get our missle bay back from that spooky "surprise " package. I did NOT want to mess with that thing. I can't believe Squish was stupid enough. . .No, wait, I Do believe Squish was stupid enough to want to open it. As one old vid put it "That boy ain't right."

To give you an Idea how NOt right this boy is, he did not know who invited him over to a party one night, and dragged the MCQuades along for the ride. Took them to an oldfashioned ambush is what he did. The three nearly didn't make it out of there. People for the Ethical Treatment of Aliens my hind leg!
They were actually Humans Against Tolerating Extra-terrestrials. They drugged Jesse and proceeded to beat the everloving life out of Frank and Squish. Then someone pulled a gun, so Frank returned fire. Finally the police showed up, and arrested Frank, Jesse, and Squish. Tell me that isn't messed up! Jesse was in trouble for being drugged, Frank for firing, and Squish for fighting back. Make sense to you?

Thank heavens Ali was there. He managed to pull their fat out of the fire, but Jesse, poor Jesse, was blackballed for dereliction of duty.

Trips back I make more money for us, but it is time consuming getting the numbers in order. It seems like I spend most of my time computing numbers. Wish there was an easier way. The warhawks are already making Bounty Hunter noises. Guess what we might be going into. I think I might continue the trading on the side, or use it as our cover.

FINALLY!!!! I have found the reason for the freezing stateroom! Jumpspace has invaded the bulkhead. I'll have to get that replaced. Very next stop I'll get it replaced, and finally sleep in my bed.

Fixed.

Back on Coin, the fur really flies, Qbert? No problem. Delivering Gateways goods? No problem. Delivering the treaty? No problem. Implementing the treaty? PROBLEM. As we lift off, they fire on us. Us, an Imperium ship, and they are going to fire on us. So I download the treaty and broadcast it all over space, over every net I can reach, I send word of the change in Coins status. Until now, Gateway had been making money left and right off of Coin, while the natives were being left behind. They did not want the status quo to be changed.

All the Coiners want is to be educated, and reimbursed for the metals Gateway takes from their home.

So of course Gateway Metals is going to shoot the messenger. Luckily, Jesse catches one inbound, but the second tags us, and we start loosing fuel. I have to try to staunch the flow.

Last edited:

jasper

Rotten DM
To Captain Frank McQuade,
The following persons are wanted for high crimes with rewards are over one (1) Mega credits.
Philip Isaac Tiberius Augustus 60 years old five counts of murder. Last known location Bergsjo. Reward 5 Mega credits. Issuing Agency Imperium MOJ.
John Ducas Verona Crime murder and embezzlement last known location Mikkeli. Reward 3 Mega credits. Issuing agency “The Reach”
Hera Betty Heraclonas embezzlement of guild funds. Last known location Tni Haia. Issuing Agency Ranua. Reward 6 Mega credits.
Angelina Rodriquez arson murder Issuing Agency Turku and MOJ. Reward 2 Mega credits.

The reward will be paid on returning the person alive. Please have your medic pick up the necessary DNA profiles.
Minister Marie Newman MOJ

To Captain Frank McQuade,
The following are some ships which have skipped payment.
Black Pearl 600 dTon far trader. Built at Biskra ship yards reward 140, 247 cr. Last known jump was to Bergsjo.
Sorry Bastard 400 dTon jump 2 drives armed with 4 laser turrets. Reward 101,677 Cr Last known port of call Tlemcen.
Tequila Sunrise 200 dTon jump 1 drive armed with 2 laser turrets. Reward 51,277 Cr Last known jump was to Pokka while on mail run.
Richard Cisco Turku Ship Building Union.

Dear Captain, We have loaded the extra twenty (20) missiles you ordered into the hold by the Virushi stateroom. We have debited your account for 100 Kilo credits. Your balance stands now at 650 Kilo Credits.
Sincerely Honest Jasper’s Joe Isuzu Manager

We have delivered the following to your ship 10 Emergency Vac Bubbles. The vac bubbles are generic bubble suit is rated for most sophonts except for Large races. The bubble has four hours of air. Cost is 5 Kilo credits. 15 sets of cloth armour (three for each crewmen except of Mr. Squish) Cost is 3.75 Kilo credits. 3 flak jackets for the listed crew with at total of 15. Cost is 1500 credits. 15 reflec armors for 3 for each listed for a total cost of 22.5 Kilo credits.
Your account has been debited 5 Kilo Credits. Grand total is 32.75 Kilo credits leaving 617.75 Kilo credits in your account. If you would like Mr. Squish outfitted please note cost would be about fifty percent higher per piece.
Sincerely Envirocombat LIC, Joe Appleton manager.

jasper

Rotten DM
We have authorized your prepaid landing and berthing coupons. Fifty coupons for each Starport have been created. Total cost was 54 Kilo credits leaving your account with 563.75 Kilo credits.
Please note the coupons do not cover cargo handling, shuttle, warehousing or other fees.
Sincerely Honest Jasper’s Joe Isuzu Manager

We have delivered 1 set of reflec armour in Mr. Squish size. Cost is 2.250 Kilo credits leaving 615.5 Kilo Credits in your account.
Sincerely Envirocombat LIC, Joe Appleton manager.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads