• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Treant Druid Character ... Help!

rich

First Post
cotton said:
I'm starting a new D&D campaign, and one player wants to play a Treant Druid. I'm allowing the Savage Species monster classes, which has a 12-level progression for the Treant. At any time, however, she may start taking levels in Druid.

I thought the rules for the Savage Species classes were that you couldn't multi-class until you had completed the "monster" class progression... Am I wrong? Or did you change the ruling? just curious...

cotton

First Post
rich said:
I thought the rules for the Savage Species classes were that you couldn't multi-class until you had completed the "monster" class progression... Am I wrong? Or did you change the ruling? just curious...

You're right, Savage Species does say that you must complete your monster class before multiclassing. This is so you don't get the advantage of the monster's type then immediately move on to another class.

I am willing to overlook this in my game, however. I'm not terribly concerned if the player wants to take some Druid levels before her very long Treant progression is achieved.

Scion

First Post
I would suggest that you go through and make a druid-like prc for the treant. That would probably be best, perhaps post the question on the houserules board, I'd be happy to come up with something over there that might help.

Otherwise, some of the other suggestions in this thread arent too bad either ;)

Remove ads