WotBS Trillith-Inhabited Heroes...

emeraldbeacon

Adventurer
So, as a small update, the hero in question is a Dwarf who, after consulting with the player, is actually a nephew of Lord Dashgoban himself. Going off of the descriptions in the guide, I decided that Dashgoban is a leader who is satisfied in his own station, and prefers patience & caution in making political maneuvers, only making moves when they are prudent for his people. This didn't mesh well with my player's Barbarian class, which became the catalyst for his departure from Dassen. The trigger for that, of course, was a trillith inhabiting him, accidentally granting him semi-uncontrolled magical powers (Wild Magic).

Speaking of said trillith, Zeal was largely formless beforehand, but after mingling with the Dwarf's memories and thoughts, has begun to coalesce as a wolf. I've made wolves a symbol of the House of Dashgoban, symbolic of family that stays united, and works together, patiently, to achieve their goals for all. For my player, though, it also has created an image evocative of a "lone wolf," letting him be his own person.

He's quite likely to be the first player to collide with his backstory in Chapter 4, as the heroes seek Dashgoban's aid in repelling Steppengard's assault. The rest of his story will begin bubbling forth throughout Chapter 5 (meeting Balance), 7 (revelations in the Temple of Echoed Souls), and 10 (finally encountering Trilla).

Remove ads