• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trinity : Darkness Revealed

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
After.

Cantor occured on February the 8th.
Freak Alley on January the 29th.

The dates are on the briefing documents.

I never said what date it was in game time, let's say it is february the 12th. The mission briefing states february the 17th but it is a very slow reaction time, IMO. The body wouldn't still be in the morgue, Cantor would be closed etc.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Arguing theory is good for roleplay (and we got some good exchange going) but you should start looking toward proposing a plan of actions now.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ok, so tentatively, we have some people going to Cantor while Ghost + maybe some others will wait for his contact to call with news that his crew has tracked down someone and see where that leads them?

State your colours and I'll set up two scene just like Clinic/Freak Alley.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Ok, so tentatively, we have some people going to Cantor while Ghost + maybe some others will wait for his contact to call with news that his crew has tracked down someone and see where that leads them?

State your colours and I'll set up two scene just like Clinic/Freak Alley.

I was also hoping we could go down to near the location of where the "accident" occurred and hope our seers could pick someting up there. Is that even feasible?

Ithuriel

First Post
We could try an attunement roll for taint detection at least. Maybe our clear could turn back the clock and take a look around. Attunement is about the best I could manage as far as I can think of right now.

btw- I just started a new job and have been a bit drained, but I'm checking in. I'll post up again tonight.

I could go either way on the split. If everyone wants to go to Cantor I'll hang with Ghost while he waits.

Shayuri

First Post
Rochelle thinks the place where the 'doctor' first emerged into the slum area is the best place to look...but she's the junior member on this so she'll go wherever someone tells her to go. :)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The site of the collapse is too old to pick up anything psionically.

Olympus obviously didn't spend a penny to remove the debris from an abandoned warren so there isn't much to do in the way of traditional investigation either.

Tomorrow night I'll just start two scenes and you'll join the one you want.

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
The thug will (assuming the deal is accepted) give you the location of the meet which is an apartent in a cheap housing complex. Normally, their contact comes in, verify the identity of the snatched victim and then pay the thugs with controlled drugs. Once the deal is complete, the victim is drugged and abandoned nearby. 911 is called and what do you know, an ambulance brings the victim to the nearest clinic which happens to be Beaulac.

You can start planning your course of action.

Needless to say that the kidnap victim himself is of no relevance to the plot. One more shell shocked survivor won't give you any info that you couldn't get from the interview that Suria's colleague wrote. What you want is hard evidence of a conspiracy so plan accordingly.

By elimination, Pat and Suria are with Stonegod for this bit.

Last edited:

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
Ithuriel said:
Ghost had to plug in to a public port to receive the call right? I'm under the impression we can't call each other with our minicomps because cell lines are insanely expensive and regulated unless you are houseruling that. Just want to clarify in case it comes into to play later.

The OpNet is entirely hardwired due to fear of aberrants. And communication through satellite is tightly regulated and very expensive.

Local calls are mostly wireless though. It's dirt cheap, it avoids overloading the OpNet (Or the hassle of having a parallel network) and if another Aberrant powerhouse cuts lose with EMPs, it'll just scrap the minicomp that were online at the time. Considering that no aberrant pulled a similar stunt as 'Backlash' in the past sixty years, it'd be an economical non-sense to close all wireless transmission to the public.

So you can use your minicomp to call each other much as if it was a cellphone with the the understanding that the signal can't be boucned by a satellite or use it to connect to the Opnet.

Last edited:

Remove ads