• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Triple Play [IC]

Psion

Adventurer
solkan_uk said:
Alright then... I'll check around the house a bit more, do a similar search on Katherine's room, the Senator's room, and any offices in the building.

[Sblock=Rolls]
Search checks: Cap 15. (1d20+2=13, 1d20+2=11, 1d20+2=14)
Why do I have no ranks in Search? Bit of a major flaw in my design there.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Y'know what... I forgot about result caps, because I use the Omni-competent quality in my home game. :heh:

I'll give you a situational modifier since you know Katherine must have a similar diary...[/sblock]

Searching through Katherine's room, veins locates a similar diary stuffed in the pocket of an old coat. This diary, unlike Cassandra's, doesn't have any mention of the sort of findings Cassandra had, though there is an equivalent amount of blackmail quality dirt.

Also, rifling through her drawers, you find a Colt 1908 holdout pistol.

A more immediate observation is that Katherine's room is decorated with posters dedicated to left-wing causes (mainly environmental), something that Cassandra's room doesn't share.

Gatac

First Post
"Speaking of which, I'm coming back with a prisoner in tow. Maybe he can give us some clues...that is, when he wakes up."

solkan_uk

First Post
Veins muses as to whether the other girl has a matching pistol, Katherine doesn't seem quite like she'd buy it herself so maybe a precautionary 'gift' from the Father, or maybe even the Mother if she had some warning about getting bumped off. He's already warned the others that she may be armed, though - so checks out the Senators office.

figmike

First Post
Saint listens to the conversations and ideas being thrown around and starts to question what exactly is going on. He has spent the past little while doing a search on the driver, Sayid Bajadi.

[sblock=A few Questions]

Do we know exactly where everyone is at this point? By that I mean both Team Members and the Family members.

Do we have the ability to arrest any of the family members, even if we wanted to?

Investigation: Sayid Bajadi (1d20+7=21) [/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
solkan_uk said:
Veins muses as to whether the other girl has a matching pistol, Katherine doesn't seem quite like she'd buy it herself so maybe a precautionary 'gift' from the Father, or maybe even the Mother if she had some warning about getting bumped off. He's already warned the others that she may be armed, though - so checks out the Senators office.

The office is non-extraordinary. There are still some remnants of the senators package he was working on... pretty mundane boring legislative stuff. There is a computer and locked filing cabinets.

[sblock=OOC]
Rolls on computers and security, respectively, will be required to penetrate those.
[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
figmike said:
Saint listens to the conversations and ideas being thrown around and starts to question what exactly is going on. He has spent the past little while doing a search on the driver, Sayid Bajadi.

[sblock=A few Questions]

Do we know exactly where everyone is at this point? By that I mean both Team Members and the Family members.

Do we have the ability to arrest any of the family members, even if we wanted to?

Investigation: Sayid Bajadi (1d20+7=21) [/sblock]

[sblock=A few answers]
The family is at quarters near the capitol.

Team members are at the Estate or en route. Though I have heard some suggestions about heading elsewhere, I never got a statement that is what you are doing.
[/sblock]

Saint pulls up the intel file on Sayid Bajadi:
Code:
Bajadi, Sayid
Alias: William Khan
Nationality: German (in U.S. under work visa, Treasures of the East)

figmike

First Post
Hmm, Saint thought to himself, Treasures of the East. That name keeps popping up. More than just a random name on the truck as I originally thought.

[sblock=Investigation] Treasures of the East (1d20+7=27)

Action Point to Activate that threat.

Oh, and I always figured I was at the senator's home investigating the attack. At this point I'll need to be near a computer/ have the freedom to move to a library if internet is unable to get me the information.[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
figmike said:
Hmm, Saint thought to himself, Treasures of the East. That name keeps popping up. More than just a random name on the truck as I originally thought.

[sblock=Investigation] Treasures of the East (1d20+7=27)

Action Point to Activate that threat.

Oh, and I always figured I was at the senator's home investigating the attack. At this point I'll need to be near a computer/ have the freedom to move to a library if internet is unable to get me the information.[/sblock]

[sblock=Saint]
For the sake of brevity, I'll assume you can tap into the network at the house using one of the twins' old laptops again.
[/sblock]

Saint does a furious search about everything that he can find out about Treasures of the East. There are several such businesses named, but the most likely hit is an importer of Persian-region imports with an office in Downtown DC. The business point of contact is apparently a man named Anas Al-Liby.

A further research of Al-Liby's public dealings (you'll have to use a class ability or access a more secure database to get deeper info) reveals that he owns a private cabin cruiser that is recorded as being moored in the Annapolis harbor.

figmike

First Post
“Bingo. Alright gentlemen and ladies,” Saint says over his radio. "Treasures of the East is a Persian importer in the DC area. The main contact man is named Anas Al-Liby. And I also have his address. It’s in Annapolis, so I’m going have Annapolis PD check it out. Also I want a really good look at this Atlantic Consulting Inc. Let’s see what’s going on with their records.”

Saint contact the agency, letting them know that to pick up and question this Anas Al-Liby about his involvement in the attacks and if he has any connection to Atlantic Consulting or the Senator and his family. Then he lets them know he wants to get a detailed look at the records for Atlantic Consulting.

[sblock=Gear Use]Manhunt: Anas Al-Liby
Legal Help: Warrant: Atlantic Consulting Inc. Specially looking up these payments and any connections to Treasure of the East.[/sblock]

Psion

Adventurer
figmike said:
“Bingo. Alright gentlemen and ladies,” Saint says over his radio. "Treasures of the East is a Persian importer in the DC area. The main contact man is named Anas Al-Liby. And I also have his address. It’s in Annapolis, so I’m going have Annapolis PD check it out. Also I want a really good look at this Atlantic Consulting Inc. Let’s see what’s going on with their records.”

Saint contact the agency, letting them know that to pick up and question this Anas Al-Liby about his involvement in the attacks and if he has any connection to Atlantic Consulting or the Senator and his family. Then he lets them know he wants to get a detailed look at the records for Atlantic Consulting.

[sblock=Gear Use]Manhunt: Anas Al-Liby
Legal Help: Warrant: Atlantic Consulting Inc. Specially looking up these payments and any connections to Treasure of the East.[/sblock]

Saint calls in the agency tracking team and taps local police contacts to close in on. Willow tells you agent HAGGARD will be assigned to the task and will be in touch.

Doing additional research tapping Altantic Consulting will take a little time.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads