• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Troglodyte science

Death

First Post
I am playing Troglodyte cleric in our campaign and I would like to use my abilities. As you know troglodytes have stench. They use musk like oil to produce natural abilities. What kind of science should I use, when I would like to gather my oil and put it in some kind of potion like alchemist fire. I have thought about bathing and then make a distillation - Alchemy check, But it is also natural ability so perhaps Knowledge nature... If anyone has an idea about that, I would be grateful for it.

dcollins

Explorer
This belongs in House Rules (since there's no existing rules providing this option).

The DM should certainly not allow item-creation without any time or gold expense involved. Either it should be ruled similar to alchemy items (Alchemy check plus gold expenditure), or it's a magic potion (Brew Potion, gold expense, possible invocation of "Power Components" variant rule for offset XP expense).

Remove ads