• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

troglodyte & stench damage question

baradtgnome

First Post
I'm sure this has been asked before, but

Troglodytes stench:
It seems hard to believe that it could, but do multiple trogs stench stack? Nausea would be no worse, but more strength damage?

What about an hour later coming across more trogs, more strength damage?

Because it is described as a chemical oily thing and does strength damage, could it be considered poison for defending/healing purposes?

How could someone combat/relieve nausea (besides a vial with pink potion in it :rolleyes: )

Either way, doesn't this seem severe for a CR1 creature?

1337 h4xor

First Post
we play it... you run across 4 at once... only make 1 save. it makes life easier. Otherwise these things become alot tougher than they should be in large numbers.

Dr. Zoom

First Post
baradtgnome said:
I'm sure this has been asked before, but

Troglodytes stench:
It seems hard to believe that it could, but do multiple trogs stench stack? Nausea would be no worse, but more strength damage?
The Trog Stench ability has been errata'd. It no longer overcomes you with nasea nor does it cause Str damage. The last two sentences of the Stench ability in the MM should read like this:

All creatures (except troglodytes) within 30 feet of the trog must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 13) or suffer a -2 morale penalty on attack rolls, weapon damage rolls, checks, and saving throws. The effect lasts 10 rounds. A character can only be affected once per 24 hours by the same trog, even if he saves.

So you must make a Fort save for each trog that might affect you, but note that the effects do not stack.

I think the intent is one save no matter the number, and you are affected only once.

The way I deal with it is each additional creature adds 1 to the DC. With poisons, each additional dose adds 2. Makes things interesting even at higher levels without being too much at their appropriate levels.

Death

First Post
Currently I am playing Troglodyte cleric, and I am curious, what would you say about my idea, to collect this oily substance and put it into potions or stuff like that. (perhaps taking a bath and then make a distillation of this water) I would probably put alchemy check on it, but...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads