• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trojan in Character Builder?

theRogueRooster

First Post
I've tried to download the free demo of the Character Builder at WotC's site, but my McAfee keeps detecting a trojan in the file and immediately deletes it.

Anyone else have this problem?
-tRR

I've tried to download the free demo of the Character Builder at WotC's site, but my McAfee keeps detecting a trojan in the file and immediately deletes it.

Anyone else have this problem?
-tRR
No, haven't had any problems with my Virus Scanner. It is possible that it's a false alert. You might want to contact WotC about it. If it's a false alert, they can inform McAfee and they will update their virus signatures. And if it is not, they can take the steps to fix it. ;)

dbm

Savage!
I use Norton - never had an issue with Character Builder. Hopefully that means you're getting a false positive...

Cheers,
Dan

Merkuri

Explorer
A few weeks ago McAffee on my machine detected and deleted a file in my Downloads directory. I didn't recognize it, but I haven't had a virus in years so I did a search for the file name and found that it was a copy of the Character Builder back from when it was still in beta.

I don't actually use the Character Builder (and if I wanted to I would've downloaded a recent copy), so I didn't much care but I think it's a false positive. I've had that file on my computer for months (maybe even over a year) and McAffee never had problems with it before.

Remove ads