• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Troll Lord Games looking foe a few good men

Shoe

Explorer
Shoe

I think that could work. As long as there is something bad to kill. Also, when designing it, know this, a group of players somewhere will be running evil characters and will want to kill the unicorns. So make them formidable foes.

Davis

That's the idea :devil:
I'll begin writing this weekend! :devil:

Frost

First Post
Professional writer here. Three cents a word isn't much less than you'd get in other venues as a newbie freelancer and this is a niche (C&C) inside of another niche (tabletop RPGs). So the rate seems fair.

And [MENTION=11437]Insight[/MENTION] , if publishers no longer have "slush piles," that's news to me. Book publishers, magazine publishers and film and television studios still deal with them, even if they'd prefer agented works or to approve a query first.

Just another point, Necromancer Games, who I think most of us see as a reputable module publisher (when it was operating), had similar guidelines for unpublished authors:

"You should follow all the guidelines for published authors, above, with the following differences: Instead of the encounters and NPCs in #2, above, you must send a full first draft."

NG's Submission Page

NG's Submission Guidelines

Loonook

First Post
So I have been looking into the possibilities of this and have a few questions...

I have been looking into viable economies within the C&C manual and I see that Tobacco farming would be a lucrative business within an acreage standpoint.. But I don't want to submit an adventure focused on an area that grows tobacco and have it cast down to the depths because of 'inappropriate content'. I mean it is in the C&C Player's Handbook as a purchasable item, but I don't know if you wish to allow a 'how the sausage is made' appearance.

Are there any specific materials which are verbotten that I may have missed?

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Troll Lord

First Post
I'm not sure if Davis mentioned this . . . and I think half the time he's posting under my Enworld login . . . but we are also interested in submissions that aren't just adventures; source material as well; i.e. unique monsters, building books (like Engineering Dungeons), etc etc

Steve

Loonook

First Post
I'm not sure if Davis mentioned this . . . and I think half the time he's posting under my Enworld login . . . but we are also interested in submissions that aren't just adventures; source material as well; i.e. unique monsters, building books (like Engineering Dungeons), etc etc

Steve

Would you be interested in a document to help DMs understand the ins and outs of culture and economy within the world?

Slainte,

-Loonook.

Leif

Adventurer
Gracious Lords of Trollness,

Insight and I have just started working on a submission for you. I'm not really sure how long it might take us.

Remove ads