• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trolls R us

Dirsion

First Post
Ok, Im new here and have not been playing d&d for long. Lv 30 character troll. Im looking for feats or any other items to increase my natural damage besides improved natural attack.

Any suggestions?

krupintupple

First Post
could better define "Lv 30 character troll" for us? i'm unsure whether you're playing a 30HD uber-troll, or want to roll up an epic 25th level character who's also a troll.

Dirsion

First Post
Oh yeah sorry about that

Stats

Str 30
Dex 27
Con 30
Int 10
Wis 6
Cha 4

He's a fighter with 19 lv's of it

I am thinking of not using weapns if I can manage to increase my natural attack damage

pawsplay

Hero
Weapon Specialization (claw, bite), Power Attack, Power Critical, Improved Critical (claw, bite), Powerful Charge, Greater Weapon Specialization

For items, you'll probably want a belt of giant strength and an amulet of mighty fists. Potions of divine favor and haste would be nice.

pawsplay

Hero
I'd be nervous about anything that reduces Cha below 4. There are a number of effects that do a single die of Cha damage.

Persiflage

First Post
At L30 you've got MORE than enough cash to afford a boost-all-stats item (or at least a boost-all-mental-stats item) and you REALLY NEED ONE.

You're currently far too vulnerable to ability damage; as pawsplay pointed out, there are loads of effects that do Cha damage, and Wis damage isn't that hard to come by either. Heck, a mid-level Psion could take you out in one action, whether or not you made your save; at 12th-level he could hit you for 4d4 Cha damage, save for half. Unless he rolls badly, it's Instant Vegetable time.

You've got so many feats that it'd be worthwhile giving us an idea what sort of role you want him to play. I mean yes, obviously you're going to be handing out terrific amounts of damage, but so you have a specific combat style in mind?

With that Dex, you definitely want Combat Reflexes and Robilar's Gambit nonsense. And the Stand Still feat, because you can. Blow some cash on enhancing your natural weapons to +5. Beyond that...

Are you absolutely committed to 19 levels of Fighter, or could we possibly talk you into taking a class with... well... actual class features? Because there's serious craziness to be gained here, without making the character overly complicated to play ;)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads