Troublesome Player

Aspect of Veles

First Post
So, I talked to him, and he said that he'd realized that he was arguing with people a lot (especially me, as the GM). He said he'd stop. I guess we have to wait and see (our next game isn't until April 3rd :eek:). If he still can't control himself, but I still find myself unable to shake him, he's moving in two months and so the problem will eventually solve itself.

Dice4Hire

First Post
So, I talked to him, and he said that he'd realized that he was arguing with people a lot (especially me, as the GM). He said he'd stop. I guess we have to wait and see (our next game isn't until April 3rd :eek:). If he still can't control himself, but I still find myself unable to shake him, he's moving in two months and so the problem will eventually solve itself.

Kinda makes the whole problem moot anyway, doesn't it?

frankthedm

First Post
I personally can't stand him, but he's a great role-player, so I said sure.
Horrible mistake.
If he still can't control himself, but I still find myself unable to shake him, he's moving in two months and so the problem will eventually solve itself.
I'm hoping i misunderstood this statement, because to me it sounds like you plan to make the other people in the group miserable until he moves away. If he doesn't shape up at the start of the next session, he needs to be thrown out before the first hour is up. You need to be on the same page with the game's host on this matter as well {unless you host the game too} since it is the host's duty to make the person actually leave the premises.

You might find this useful...

Five Geek Social Fallacies

...nearly every geek social group of significant size has at least one member that 80% of the members hate, and the remaining 20% merely tolerate. If GSF1 exists in sufficient concentration -- and it usually does -- it is impossible to expel a person who actively detracts from every social event. GSF1 protocol permits you not to invite someone you don't like to a given event, but if someone spills the beans and our hypothetical Cat Piss Man invites himself, there is no recourse. You must put up with him, or you will be an Evil Ostracizer and might as well go out for the football team.

Aspect of Veles

First Post
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. My plan was to give him a warning when he first argued, and then simply kill his character if it persists (although that was a major starting point for the whole affair). I hate killing characters simply for out of game retribution, and I've never done it before, but damn...

I've only ever excluded one player before. He simply wasn't a team player, he cheated, and was unceasingly lewd and made the game awkward for my female players. At that point our games were even more erratic than now, so we just didn't tell him when we were playing, and he soon forgot.

frankthedm

First Post
Alright, I'll keep that in mind. My plan was to give him a warning when he first argued, and then simply kill his character if it persists (although that was a major starting point for the whole affair). I hate killing characters simply for out of game retribution, and I've never done it before, but damn...
You don't kill the character, you tell the problem player to leave. This has gone beyond the game and become a violation of hospitality.

Last edited:

Aspect of Veles

First Post
Thanks for the suggestions; like I said, this is something I've never really had to deal with before, and as such am a little unsure as to the right direction. I'm glad that I was wrong with my assumption that perhaps I should kill his character.

Remove ads