• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trudvang vs Symbaroum

Good day!

I'm looking to branch out from my D&D game and high fantasy and looking for something a little more dark and gritty. I've read that both of these games/settings are dark and gritty, and I like the Scandinavian influence on both, very drawn to the art and settings. So I'm having trouble deciding which one I should look into further.

I realize the physical books (in English) of Trudvang Chronicles are not out yet but it seems that the content is accessible online, so hoping that someone has played both games and can comment and offer their opinions on which one they like better and why. Or if you don't have a favourite are you able to highlight the differences in tone, setting, art, mechanics, etc.?

Right now I'm leaning towards Trudvang because the art just nails it with me and I like what I've read of their world, it's gritty but still fantastical. Symbaroum has different art but still excellent and I like the magic system with corruption, and the mechanics seem more simple, but could be me not understanding one over the other.

So, any thoughts and opinions on these two settings would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance, and happy gaming!

Remove ads