True North Cartography: Maps

Fargoth

First Post
Ranes said:
Superb. Thanks for posting these. I looked at the website, too. Particularly liked the player's map you drew by hand. But they were all marvelous. You have very lucky players.

This is just a thought but have you considered creating continental (ie campaign sized) maps entirely devoid of labels? I reckon there are plenty more peeps like me who have got ideas for campaigns, notes on nations and tribes and histories and such but they (er, we) can't draw a decent (let alone exquisite) map to save their (er, our) lives. An unlabelled map would give these (us) less (un-) talented souls something on which to graft their (our) megalomaniacal dreams.

Not that we deserve it.

If a cartographer creates a map correctly the various aspects and components of a map will be on individual layers. As such all that needs to be done is to turn off the applicable text layer(s) and the map will be available sans names.

If you would like a version of Faymere without the names I believe I can do that for the EnWorld community. Just let me know and I’ll post a link that will be made available for a brief period.

Regards,
Paul

NewLifeForm

First Post
Fargoth said:
If you would like a version of Faymere without the names I believe I can do that for the EnWorld community. Just let me know and I’ll post a link that will be made available for a brief period.

I am letting you know :p

That would be excellent. I can draw characters and creatures, but my maps never come out the way I envision them in my head.

Thanks in advance,

NewLifeForm
"It's life Jim, but not as we know it..."

Ranes

Adventurer
Fargoth said:

Paul

That's a very kind offer to make, thank you. Faymere is enough to last a lifetime of gaming. With an unlabelled map, you could time travel.

Fargoth

First Post
Here you go. This is a map of Faymere with all names removed.

http://www.truenorthcartography.com/gallery/Faymere.jpg

I plan on leaving the link active for a week or so. After that the file will be removed from my website.

I grant everyone free use of the image so long as it is not used for profit or replublished in any other publication, site, location or like venue without my express permission. You must also leave my logo at the upper right corner of the map.

Enjoy,
Paul

Last edited:

Ranes

Adventurer
Wow! Do you realise what you have done? You, Fargoth, have become the Slartibartfast of my campaign world! This is the game aid I've most wanted for years. I'm speechless with gratitude. I can still type but I'm speechless. Thanks.:D

Fargoth

First Post
Fargoth said:
Here you go. This is a map of Faymere with all names removed.

http://www.truenorthcartography.com/gallery/Faymere.jpg

I plan on leaving the link active for a week or so. After that the file will be removed from my website.

I grant everyone free use of the image so long as it is not used for profit or replublished in any other publication, site, location or like venue without my express permission. You must also leave my logo at the upper right corner of the map.

Enjoy,
Paul

The link above is now inactive. I hope those who grabbed the file enjoy it and put it to good use.

Regards,
Paul

Remove ads