• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True Sight vs. Natural Invisibility

S. Baldrick

Explorer
Does the spell True Sight work against a creature with Natural Invisibility? I do know that a creature with Natural Invisibility immune to Invisibility purge, but I’m not certain that Natural Invisibility makes the creature immune to True Sight.

Sejs

First Post
True Seeing trumps natural invisibility.

See the Invisible Stalker description for precedent.

"A see invisibility spell shows only a dim outline of a cloud, while a true seeing spell reveals a roiling cloud of vapor."

So essentially, they're naturally invisible. You can't get rid of it via Invisibility Purge, because that's their natural state, but you can see through it via See Invisibility and True Seeing or render it useless with, say, Faerie Fire.

S. Baldrick

Explorer
Sejs said:
True Seeing trumps natural invisibility.

See the Invisible Stalker description for precedent.

"A see invisibility spell shows only a dim outline of a cloud, while a true seeing spell reveals a roiling cloud of vapor."

So essentially, they're naturally invisible. You can't get rid of it via Invisibility Purge, because that's their natural state, but you can see through it via See Invisibility and True Seeing or render it useless with, say, Faerie Fire.

Thanks for infomation. I guess that I didn't read the entire Invisible Staker description in the Monster Manual. (It was a summoned monster so I was reading the book while actually running the encounter. I only was able to look at the attack options, AC and hit points.)

Remove ads