• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True20 Nevermore: Designer Discussion Thread

jaldaen

First Post
After talking with Expeditious Retreat I have found out that Liber Artefactorum will be selling for $7 as a PDF (July/August release), while the print version will be selling for $12 (Gen Con preview print and an October/November official release).

Have a Great 4th of July!
Joseph

PS: If you have any questions, comments, suggestions, etc... in regards to the Nevermore campaign setting let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP!

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Although this isn't a setting that interests me personally, I'd like to thank you for spending the time to put this information up in this thread.

Hope it sells well!

I'm certain many people we be interested in the Nevermore setting for True20 both for the setting information and background (fluff) as well as the mechancs Joseph created.

The first Nevermore product provides an item creation system for the True20 rules system and over 20 items for the Nevermore setting. I'm expecting people who aren't particularly interested in the Nevermore setting to buy Liber Artefactorum for the item creation rules only to find out that they like Nevermore a bit more than they thought they did at first glance. :)

joe b.

jaldaen

First Post
Nevermore Design Diary #6: The Domains of Dreams and Nightmares

Nevermore Design Diary #6: The Domains of Dreams and Nightmares

Nevermore has five distinct domains to adventure in: the Heartlands, the Wyrd, the Dreadlands, the Hedge, and the Eye. Each of these domains is designed around unique moods and themes, which allow Narrators to set their campaigns in areas that fit the kind of game they want to run.

The Heartlands

If a tale has been told in the days of yore and involves fey, then it has its roots in the Heartlands. Although most of the beings and places mentioned in Nevermore are drawn from Celtic and Arthurian folklore Narrators should feel free to draw upon Norse, Greek, Russian, and other myths and legends to populate the Heartlands. Perhaps the Norse gods are powerful Seelie and Unseelie fey, the Greek heroes feast in the halls of Avalon, or the mythical firebird roosts within the forests of the southern Heartlands. The folklores of Africa, the Middle East, and Asia can also be used to introduce dune-dwelling aigamuxa, powerful genies, and devious rakshasa into the dreamlands. Last but not least, children stories are great sources of inspiration for Nevermore adventurers allowing you to draw upon everything from Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland to the Wizard of Oz.

The Wyrd

The is the land of the strange and unpredictable. It is the most surreal of all the domains, but also provides some of the most interesting possibilities for adventure. This land changes with the turning of each cycle and can be the setting for almost any genre a Narrator wants to use in his campaign from epic fantasy to modern day action-adventures to space operas. If its been in a story or someone's imagination, then it can appear in the Wyrd. When setting up adventures in the Wyrd one should keep in mind some of the classic episodes of the Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, and Amazing Stories as there is almost always something strange, unusual, or unexpected to be found here.

The Dreadlands

The Dreadlands are the darkest of all the domains of Nevermore in mood and theme. It is the birthplace of nightmares and other vile creatures. Narrators who want to run adventures and campaigns with a horror or suspense thriller atmosphere will find a welcome home in these terrible lands. This is a land where vengeful spirits, diabolical beasts (both fantastic and alien), and truly unspeakable horrors can be found stalking through twisted and terrible locales. This is a domain where ghost stories are real and nightmares wait in every shrouded corner. If it is in a horror book or movie it can be discovered in the Dreadlands, though whether any characters survive such an encounter is another matter.

The Hedge

The Hedge has a frontier feel to it. There are many places to be explored in the Hedge and many foes to be faced. This domains primary purpose is to protect the Eye from incursions by the darker elements of Nevermore and as such there is almost always an adventure to be had here whether it is to stop the evil schemes of the Unseelie fey or track down an agent of chaos and evil that is attempting to make its way into the Eye. These lands are extremely dangerous because of the pivotal role they play in maintaining the fragile peace that currently exists in Nevermore. This domain has some of the most dangerous and awe-inspiring natural areas in the world of Nevermore filled with unexplored wildernesses and hidden dangers.

The Eye

The Eye is the most settled and civilized of all the areas of Nevermore and even with the Hedge agents of chaos and evil often make there way into these lands to cause a great deal of trouble. This provides adventures with the perfect locales of urban adventures of intrigue, mystery, and suspense. There is always some nefarious plot going on in the Eye usually bent on causing as much harm to the people here as possible through a combination of the following: murder, corruption, deception, and the like. Adventures in the Eye often have the feel of classic crime films and novels mixed with traditional adventure themes.

I hope these short introductions to the various domains and themes present within the Nevermore campaign setting will help give you a starting point for plotting out your Nevermore adventurers. It should be noted here that each of these domains will be receiving its own product in the coming year that will provide even more information then that which is presented here or in the campaign introduction in the Worlds of Adventure book by Green Ronin. Stay tuned to this thread for a run down of the first product Expeditious Retreat is putting out for True20 and Nevermore entitled: Nevermore Design Diary #7: Liber Artefactorum.

jaldaen

First Post
Plane Sailing said:
Although this isn't a setting that interests me personally, I'd like to thank you for spending the time to put this information up in this thread.

Hope it sells well!

Thanks Plane Sailing! I hope it does too... ;)

jaldaen

First Post
Well everyone... Green Ronin has released the Worlds of Adventure pdf... so if you are interested in the Nevermore setting (or any of the other settings contained in this book), then head on over to Green Ronin's store and pick up a copy ;)

If you have any questions/comments based on what you see in the book, then let me know and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Keep Your Dreams Alive!
Joseph

Cinderfall

First Post
It sounds really cool. A nice blend of pretty much, well everything. Thanks for the info, I'll be directing some people I know towards it. How much of it is mechanics? How many pages of fluff is there?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads