• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

True20 Star Wars?

igavskoga

First Post
Has anyone, official or unofficial, done a conversion of Star Wars to the True20 rules? I may end up running a Star Wars game relatively soon as the current system I'm GM'ing just really isn't to my taste. Star Wars is one of the options that the players put on the table. However, I am distinctly not a fan of about half of the d20 rules for Star Wars. I thought if someone already converted it to True20 I could just use that and save myself a week or two worth of work. All help is appreciated! :D

I looked back a few pages and didn't see anything pertaining to this - so I may just be blind and/or crazy. :D

Garnfellow

Explorer
There are several threads over on the forums at Green Ronin's website. (Green Ronin eventually gave True20 its own forums, but the old threads should still be there.)

LordEther

First Post
Thanks for the pimping, True20Chi--er... DnDChick. :)

Yeah, we've got some great discussion going on at the True20 boards and a lot of (sometimes wildly divergent) ideas. If you can stand it, igavskoga, you can read through all 12-13 pages of the True Force thread to find out each poster's individual perspectives on the varying aspects of the Force and the galaxy and the races and see how all of our conversions have evolved through the talks (and feel free to join in if you have any ideas of your own). The pdf on my site (the one in DnDChick's post) is more tailored to my tastes, but there are other options in the thread, too.

A poster by the name of Prescient, for example, posted some excellent lightsaber forms (that were the inspiration for the current incarnation of my own) that you might prefer over mine. If you're into KotOR-style light side points, a poster by the name of zeGeist is tossing out some good ideas, too. Also, ValhallaGH has another, very clean full-on True20 Star Wars conversion set up on his site (the link is in his sig), with an excellent ruleset very similar to, yet somehow very different from, my own.

True20 seems a perfect match for Star Wars, and now you have options (you can even cherry pick from multiple sources, as we've all been doing from the beginning of the thread :D ). However you go about it, I hope it works out for you! :)

Aus_Snow

First Post
Any chance of picking up ValhallaGH's version as a PDF? I already have the one from the True20 boards, which looks pretty cool so far - but I am always interested in cross-referencing and stuff.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Aus_Snow said:
Any chance of picking up ValhallaGH's version as a PDF? I already have the one from the True20 boards, which looks pretty cool so far - but I am always interested in cross-referencing and stuff.
Since I don't own Adobe Acrobat, it would be extremely difficult for me to put together a PDF of my work.
Also, I prefer the wiki form since the page is in a fairly constant state of change as I notice or find rough spots that need smoothing and slowly find the time to add various vehicles and NPCs that are considered important but don't require any creativity (making them unfun to stat).
http://gunrocksgamingrules.pbwiki.com/True Star Wars

Thanks for the pimping and the compliments. :D

igavskoga

First Post
Thanks a bunch folks :D For whatever reason, my brain edited out the True20 forums, I didn't even think to look there - duh. I've got that thread bookmarked, that PDF downloaded, and Val's wiki bookmarked all for later perusal. Should give me more than enough to get started and figure out if I actually want to go the true20 route or not!

Thanks again!

Would anybody be interested in a link if I end up going with a major tweaking of the d20 version? I may do it just for the heck of it regardless of if we use it or not.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads