• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Trying to build toward extreme explorer with psionics

I've got a changeling ninja 2/psion (nomad 1) in an Eberron game, and I'd like to work toward the Extreme Explorer prestige class.

The prereqs are:
Knowledge (dungeoneering) and Survival - 4 ranks (I have this)
Action Boost feat (I have this)
Base attack bonus +4

The GM house ruled that I could use the changeling rogue 1 substitution level with ninja 1, swapping out trapfinding for Social Intuition, 2 more skill points, and one bonus Knowledge skill. I chose Knowledge (dungeoneering), since my characters background involves an intense phobia of mind flayers and other aberrations.

The house rules also use fractional base attack bonus, so my ninja gives me +1.5, and my psion gives me +0.5, so my BAB is +2 right now. I would like to, within the next 2 levels, qualify for the prestige class, which means some class with full BAB.

Are there any psionic classes with full base attack bonus? Should I just take ranger levels? I'm trying to go for a psychic super spy character concept, and the action point stuff that Extreme Explorer offers fits well. I'm also willing to consider other classes if you have something to suggest. I might end up going ninja 2/psion 2/soulknife 2, since as a spy it's handy to be able to create a weapon whenever I want one.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
It's a common house rule to give soulknives a full BAB. I don't know of any psionic classes that have a full BAB right out of the box, though.

If you're considering a spy, take a quick look at the lurk class in the Complete Psi, as well as the prestige class associated with it (ebon something-or-other.) Both are great for a spy. Better than extreme explorer, actually.

Remove ads