• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TTT: Anyone else notice...?

Chauzu

First Post
KenM said:
Well in the extended DVD, on the director commantary, Jackson says the close up of the 2 hobbit kids when Bilbo tells the troll story are his own kids. So it does not surpise me if she was used again. I'll have to look next time I see TTT.

I thought he said the two kids were the kids of somebody else's. I don't think they are his.

Wormwood said:
I'm assuming y'all saw PJ's cameo as a spear throwing soldier in Helm's Deep.

Hmm, I missed that :( . But PJ was first seen at Bree. He was the guy that burped as the hobbits entered the town.

Olive

Explorer
Chauzu said:

I thought he said the two kids were the kids of somebody else's. I don't think they are his.

nope, he very definitely said they were his kids. his and fran walsh's.

Hmm, I missed that :( . But PJ was first seen at Bree. He was the guy that burped as the hobbits entered the town.

he's been in every movie he's made...

Last edited:

Lady Starhawk

First Post
Originally posted by sotmh
Also, in FOTR at the end a dead orc lifts his head up as Aragorn leaps over his "corpse".

in the extended Merry and Pippin are throwing Rocks at the orcs...probably just knocking them out, so they are probably NOT dead. ;)

Lady Starhawk

KenM

Banned
Banned
One other thing I noticed in TTT movie, when Gandalf meets up with Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas in the forest, he is in white, when the walk out of the forest, Gandalf is wearing an elven cloak that the rest of the fellowship got as gifts, how/ when did he get it?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
KenM said:
One other thing I noticed in TTT movie, when Gandalf meets up with Gimli, Aragorn and Legolas in the forest, he is in white, when the walk out of the forest, Gandalf is wearing an elven cloak that the rest of the fellowship got as gifts, how/ when did he get it?

Hmmm, I hadn't noticed it being an elven cloak, I just thought it was his old "Gandalf the Grey" cloak. However, it is plausible that it could be a Lothlorien elven cloak, as in the books Gandalf tells Aragorn & Co. that the eagle took him to Galadriel, and that that is where he was clad as Gandalf the White.

KenM

Banned
Banned
well it is bigger then the other cloaks, looks like its the same fabric of the elven cloaks, he also has the leaf broach. Yes they might explain it in the book, but they don't in the movie.

Storm Raven

First Post
KenM said:
well it is bigger then the other cloaks, looks like its the same fabric of the elven cloaks, he also has the leaf broach. Yes they might explain it in the book, but they don't in the movie.

He's been in Middle Earth for about a thousand years. He probably has quite a lot of stuff accumulated over that time.

Remove ads