• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tumbling

dutorn

First Post
I had a character who was in melee combat with a foe. He attacks, then he decides to move back and Tumbles out to avoid an AOO. So he beats the DC to get out easily and moves 5 foot back. In moving the 5 feet, he charges himself 10 foot of movement, then contiues on with a regular move of another 30' (he has 40 movement)

So my question is, when tumbling out of an AOO does he have to take his full movement as a tumble, or can he split it up like he did and only tumble out/through threatened squares?

TheGogmagog

First Post
Jhulae said:
You only take double movement for the squares actually tumbled through.
While I agree with this, it's worth admitting that it isn't explicit in the rules. If I recall, the rules say your movement is reduced by half, without the suggestion of splitting it up or necessarily ruling it out. FAQ suggests simply counting the tumble squares as double movement. Again I agree with the 'tumbling costs double movement', opposed to the 'movement reduced by half'.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads