• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Turgenev's Friday Freebie Maps

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the August 9th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Back to a dungeon for this week's FF map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1 and 24 have pillars.
  • Areas 2, 13, 28 a), 29, 30, 31, and 33 a) represents water. Areas 29 - 31 are completely submerged.
  • Areas 2, 3, 4, 9, and 18 b) have statues.
  • Areas 6, 16, and 23 have covered pit traps.
  • Area 8 is a 40 ft. by 10 ft. open pit.
  • Area 11 has a tapestry.
  • Area 12 has a stone bridge crossing the water of area 13.
  • Area 17 has stairs leading deeper into the underworld.
  • Area 18 has a raised platform.
  • Area 22 has a partially caved in tunnel.
  • Area 25 has a series of (trapped?) notches/grooves carved in the western and southern walls.
  • Area 26 has a full-length (magical? cursed?) mirror.
  • Area 34 has a sarcophagus on a dais with a secret trap door in the floor.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 08-09-2019 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The August 9th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I pulled my Mentzer Basic D&D books out and was flipping through them. I had forgotten that I drew a dungeon on the blank map page in the players book way back when I first got them (c. 1983/84). The map isn't my first attempt at making my own dungeon (I can see faint traces of previous works on the page) but it is pretty close. Here it is...

1st-DnD-Map-original.jpg

So I decided to update that map with my current style. I was tempted to add additional details but I decided against it (for the most part) because I wanted to remain close to the original. I did change the numbering and added a falling block trap to area 8. Area 10 has a stone wall blocking the eastern entrance. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
Area 1 has a dais with a covered pit trap on top.
Area 2 has a giant altar.
Area 6 has a covered pit trap.
Area 8 has a falling block trap.
Area 10 has a stone wall blocking the eastern entrance.
Area 16 has a pool of water.
I don't know why the doors from areas 14 to 16 are raised higher in the adjoining walls (with steps leading up to/down from them).

Cheers,
Tim

Last edited:

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the August 16th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. It's another dungeon. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 10 a), 15, and 21 have pillars.
  • Area 2 has a falling block trap.
  • Area 3 has a chute trap.
  • Area 7 has a covered pit trap.
  • Areas 9 and 26 have connecting teleporters.
  • Area 11 has a secret trap door in the floor that connects to the corridor on the lower level. The dotted lines show the location of the lower tunnel.
  • Areas 14 and 24 b) have tapestries.
  • Area 24 c) is a dais with a statue on it.
  • Area 24 d) has circular stairs that lead down.
  • Area 25 has a pool.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 08-16-2019 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The August 16th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the August 23rd, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1 a), 3, 21, and 25 have pillars.
  • Area 1 b) is a large pool of water.
  • Area 4 has a circular well/open pit and a trap door in the floor. Perhaps the well and trap door both lead to a large cistern under this room (or another level completely).
  • Area 6 has a large mirror.
  • Area 7 has partially collapsed with rubble. So has the corridor of area 8 and 9.
  • Area 12 is an open pit.
  • Areas 19, 20, and 25 have statues.
  • Area 20 has a dais with an altar on top, flanked by braziers.
  • Areas 24, 26, and 30 are corridors that have collapsed. Perhaps these blocked passages lead to other sections/levels of the dungeon.
  • Area 25 has a throne on a raised platform.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 08-23-2019 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The August 23rd, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is an oldie (2013) from my archives. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • The lighter blue colour represents a lower elevation.
  • Areas 3, 23, and 30 have false doors.
  • Area 5 has a tapestry.
  • Areas 5, 7, 19, 30, 31, 36, and 38 have statues blocking physical access (except for the smallest of creatures) but allowing one to see/hear into the rooms.
  • Areas 10 and 37 have pillars.
  • Area 21 has a covered pit trap.
  • Area 25 has a secret trap door in the floor.
  • Area 26 has a (see-through) mesh walkway running along the top of the room. There is a ladder at 26 a).
  • The northern and southern corridors of area 26 run under the walkway.
  • Area 28 has an open pit.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the August 30th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. It can be used in conjunction with last week's map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 3 and 21 have covered pit traps.
  • Areas 4 a), 16 a), and 23 have pillars.
  • Areas 4 g), 7, and 20 have rubble. The tunnel of area 20 has collapsed.
  • The dotted lines (to the left and above area 2) are elevation lines showing the lower level in relation to the upper level.
  • Area 16 b) is a dais/raised platform.
  • Areas 16 b) and 24 have statues.
  • Area 19 has a pool/fountain.
  • Area 22 has a dais/raised platform with a sarcophagus on it.
  • Area 30 has water (that connects to a deeper underground water source).

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 08-30-2019 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The August 30th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the September 6th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Area 1 has a natural stone stairway that leads into the cave. Next to it is a sinkhole surrounded by rubble, flanked by natural pillars.
  • Area 5 is a large chasm (with rubble strewn about here and there; areas 4, 6, and 9).
  • Area 11 has a cliff face that looks down into Area 12 a) and b).
  • Area b) is water.
  • Area 17 has a depression in the cave floor.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 09-06-2019 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The September 6th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
I was going through my map folder and came across this little thing I did back in 2009. Thought I would share.

This was initially done as a 5 minute map drawn with a sharpie. It was a warm-up exercise. I liked it enough that I gave it the Photoshop treatment and came up with the following. Click to enlarge.

I then took the map and added it to a scroll to come up with this. Click to enlarge.

Cheers,
Tim

Turgenev

Hero
Here is the September 13th, 2019 Friday Freebie map. It can be used in conjunction with last week's cave map. Click to enlarge.

Map Details:
  • Areas 1, 3, 8, 10, 16, 17, 18, 19, and 22 have cliff ledges.
  • Area 2 has a series of natural stone steps that lead down to the lower section of area 18.
  • Area 4 has a statue and an altar.
  • Area 9 is a rope bridge that is supported by natural stone columns.
  • Area 21 represents water.
  • Area 23 has a large stone monolith. It is said that if you listen carefully, you can hear whispering coming from the monolith. But be careful because the monolith's whispering has been known to drive people mad.

Here is how the two maps would look together. Click to enlarge.

I have an Enhanced version of this week's Friday Freebie for sale here: Friday Enhanced Map: 09-13-2019 - Paratime Design | Dungeon Maps | DriveThruRPG.com

The September 13th, 2019 Friday Enhanced Map product contains a multi-layered PDF (allowing the options of white or black backgrounds, numbered or non-numbered areas, and secret doors on or off) and a zip file with all relevant map files as individual jpg images. All for a $1 (US)!

Cheers,
Tim

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads