• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Turtle Soup (Planescape 3.5e)

Lobo Lurker

First Post
To Traore in Infernal: [sblock]"It is the destiny of free beings to choose thier own fate, independent of gods and powers. Thier struggle brings meaning to thier lives... regardless of how things turned out. I think they were happy up until the end." He frowns. "They did everything we asked them to. They were everything we wanted them to be... Yet they did it in thier own way. That such a success lead to thier ultimate destruction, we could not have forseen."

He pauses, "When you think about it death is the ultimate yearning of any living being."

"I'm not sure what, if anything, I'll do with my shell. Before anything, I want answers. I think I owe the free peoples of Rhys' short-lived world that much, at least."[/sblock]

Jurden listens to the blue-skinned giant, Bi, and then to the zerth, his face expressionless. At the end as the zerth are pushing Siim to leave he says. "Mercane. Two questions. One: How do we contact you in the future?" He looks sideways at the githazeri "...should we wish to do so when and if certain other sources of information prove... 'difficult.' Two: What is the way to Union?" I'd love to get back to Sigil's streets... but if we're truely godlings now, then the Lady might not let us enter. We could always hit the gate towns, I guess...

Velmont

First Post
Traore answers to Jurgen in Infernal

[SBLOCK]"I doubt. Because if your loigic is good, it should be the same on my homeland, and I've never seen happy faces..."[/SBLOCK]

he become silent for a moment, just as if a memory had emrged in his head.

[SBLOCK]"I must tell I was around, I never had the chance to spy over them, it would have been impolite, and it is hard to be happy when you are watched by a hand of the spirits."[/SBLOCK]

He then listen to the blue skin as he sees Jurgen attention is drawn too by him.

"God? Wishes? Mi not want that. Too much power in mi hand. That are for ancestors, dead to help mi tribe. Mi living, mi not worthy, mi marked." he says on a confuse tone, almost panick.

Lobo Lurker

First Post
Velmont said:
"God? Wishes? Mi not want that. Too much power in mi hand. That are for ancestors, dead to help mi tribe. Mi living, mi not worthy, mi marked." he says on a confuse tone, almost panick.

"Eh, don't worry about it Traore. We'll all discuss this in private later on when we can get a better perspective on our situation." The ghaele puts a hand on the tiefling's shoulder to reassure him. "It'll all work out in the end, I'm sure."

LordAspen

First Post
As the Mercane makes his offer, Rhys inadvertently glances down at the sphere in his hands with a look of wonderment. He then gains control of himself and quickly shifts it behind his back protectively. Taking a step closer to Jurden for reassurance the green haired sorceror gives the blue giant a suspicious look and says, "Three wishes huh? Interesting offer for the memory of a world that was destroyed."

"I must agree with my friends Traore and Jurden. Wishes are dangerous things so I'm inclined to think about it. We've had a rough day and as you can imagine, such a decision is not lightly made."

Li Shenron

Legend
Meenah

As the curtains of the bed-canopy have all been raised, Meenah seems to be nowhere to be found... However, if any of the character decides to take a closer look around in search for her among the beds, he would find her crouching on the ground beside one bed. She is coiled and clinging to herself like she was freezing naked in the snow, her pijama soaked in sweat and tears, her eyes gazing empty at a nondescriptive point of the floor. She is clearly in shock and still trembling and crying, and doesn't seem to react at all as people are passing by her.

OOC:

[SBLOCK]Damn by habit of posting before reading all previous posts... :p I finally came up with some ideas about Meenah's dream, which caused her serious shock and she's unlikely to just show up to her friends as nothing happened. She's instead quite in need of someone to tend for her now...[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

LordAspen

First Post
Rhys looks relieved as he watches the Mercane depart under the supervision of the githzerai. The sorceror notes, "Well guys, I'm not sure what to make of those folk but I am suspicious of their offer. I do admit though that I find what they told us about the motive of the gith's to be troubling. What do you all know about them and why do you suppose they would find our broken world sphere to be so valuable."

Rhys turns his attention back to the group in hope of getting some answers and catches sight of the cowering Meenah. As he rushes to her side the sorceror calls out to the others, "There's Meenah and it looks like she needs help!"

Rhys reaches the young girl and kneels down beside her and softly asks, "Meenah, its Rhys...are you ok?" Cautiously the Fey-touched attempts to take her hand and gently squeeze it reassuringly.

Velmont

First Post
Traore follow Rhys up to Meenah. He looks at her and freeze. Her sight make him remember a young girl he has seen in the tent of his master, after she had pass more than an hour alone with the spirit. Traore starts to looks away. He instinctivily clench his fist so hard that he feel his nails cutting the inside of his hand. He takes a moment to calm himself and report his attention to Meenah, but he feels just lost, not knowing what to say to confort her.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
Andarin, too, is appalled at Meenah's state. Sitting on the floor next to her, he begins to sing softly, gently - a wordless appeal to her shattered spirit to take heart and return to her friends. The sound barely reaches beyond the bed Meenah crouches next to but it enwraps her in encouragement and hope. As he sings, Andarin watches her intently, looking not so much at the tears and the shuddering body as into her soul, immersing himself in her awareness, unquestioningly opening himself to journey with her through the darkness which assails her. He does not touch her, yet this is a deeply intimate sharing. He does not try to force her to return but waits with her and reminds her of the light. He is oblivious of all else.

Li Shenron

Legend
Meenah

As the friends gather around her, she doesn't seem to react first. But after a while Andarin's song seems to have an effect, as Meenah suddenly jumps up from the ground to a kneeled position, coffing and breathing anxiously, like she had been drowning in water a second before. She looks at her friends with relief, then turns sad again and drops her face on her hands, crying softly. "They... slaughtered them all... all of them...".

Remove ads