TUW: The Steel Trade [IC]

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 115: Evening Camp

Bolo and Indigo take some time and introduce the new pack animals to the other animals, taking extra care with Turtle and, especially, Myth. Afterward, each member takes some time to work with the new animals. The pack animals are then tethered together for the night. It will take some time before they can be allowed to roam free.

Myth did, indeed, return to camp with a rabbit, which he shares with Turtle.

GM: The trickle of water that runs into the pool where the burros were originally drinking appears to be somewhat permanent, as a thick mat of algae grows along the rock face. The pool itself is crystal clear and cool. It is in a semi-circular shape of about a pace radius and appears to be about a stride deep. Looking and listening at the pool also give the indication that it continues back under the rock face some distance and might even flow underground.

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Turtle's stomach grumbles at only half a rabbit and he decides to go on another hunt for larger game. He invites Myth to join him. The people will be busy with their loud, smelly burro's for a while.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin tells Vadin that he should practice his calming touch on the new pack animals by doing touch-related maintenance activities, like brushing and grooming. "I'm not trying to put you to work, I just think it wouldn't hurt to stay in practice. Eventually, you will need to be able to calm an animal at a short distance, rather than only being able to do it by touch. Not only is it a good skill for acquiring and domesticating NEW pack animals, but it also helps to be able to calm down our existing animals if they get spooked by something."

Last edited:

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin amazed by the calming of the new animals, listens to Merin. "Thank you for the advice." Vadin decides to practice touching the animals periodically, beginning today. He begins to brush a burro's neck.

MacConnell

Days 116 - 118: Following the Path

Leaving the pool behind, the party continues to follow the semblance of a path in an eastward direction through the mountains. Some of the peaks on each side of the chosen direction of travel climb far beyond the natural tree line. Foliage is sparse, anyway. There are grasses and wildflowers, small bushes and stunted trees. The area is occasionally dotted with a true towering tree, especially near a regular trickle of water coming from higher elevations.

The old pack animals are a bit discontent at being tethered, but are easily enough appeased. The party spaces itself to reinforce training among the new pack animals.

During the next three days, only common insects and animals are encountered, until the third day, when a larger bird of prey becomes curious at the passing travelers and circles closely enough that its presence can be felt, not just seen. Indigo gets Saemund's attention.

"You were asking Merin about a bird. Want to give this one a try?"

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks up and focuses on the bird, he also includes Merin and Indigo in his thoughts. He sends calm feelings and feelings of security. He also sends thoughts of plenty of food. Finally he sends a suggestion that it would be a good idea to land on the out-streched arm of the large human.

MacConnell

Saemund Tries New Skills

Saemund looks up and focuses on the bird, he also includes Merin and Indigo in his thoughts. He sends calm feelings and feelings of security. He also sends thoughts of plenty of food. Finally he sends a suggestion that it would be a good idea to land on the out-streched arm of the large human.
GM:
OOC: Compel:
Range / Affect:
  • Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Persona + Psyche
Effectiveness:
  • Essence + Cohesion + Evocation +
  • Mind + Knowledge + Persona + Wisdom + Psyche +
  • Collegiate + Theologic
This causes the loss of Will and Mind in the intended target. If a target's Will is reduced below 1, it may be commanded to perform any possible non-combat task, though commands may be severely limited in the case of a language barrier or if the target is an animal.
Resist Compel:
  • Skepticism (Commercial Task) +
  • Tranquility (Collegiate Task)

Saemund: 15 paces, 56%
Hawk: 6%

Since the bird is currently in flight, Saemund takes a different approach than that which was done with the burros. He does not know what prompted him to alter his attempt, perhaps it is instinct.

As the bird falls under the effect of Saemund's manipulation and begins to circle down, Saemund realizes that it is too large to have land on his arm and gestures toward the bolder beside him instead. The bird is a magnificent specimen of a hawk, but it is twice the size of any he has before seen, and no one in the party knows its identity. Sheldon gives Saemund his remaining gut string to make a tether for the hawk, which will be necessary until it is trained.

hawk.jpg

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks at Merin...it appears that I am going to be successful. Saemund approaches the boulder where the Hawk landed. He thinks to himself this is truly a magnificent creature...a thought occurs to him, such a creature would be a proud animal, not one easily humbled...as he approaches the Hawk he sends feelings of respect and admiration, he also sends images of two beings working together in a symbiotic relationship. When he gets close enough he attempts to reach out and rest his hand on the bird of prey's back, while at the same time retaining eye contact. This creature will not respect weakness on my part, Saemund thinks to himself.

MacConnell

Saemund looks at Merin...it appears that I am going to be successful. Saemund approaches the boulder where the Hawk landed. He thinks to himself this is truly a magnificent creature...a thought occurs to him, such a creature would be a proud animal, not one easily humbled...as he approaches the Hawk he sends feelings of respect and admiration, he also sends images of two beings working together in a symbiotic relationship. When he gets close enough he attempts to reach out and rest his hand on the bird of prey's back, while at the same time retaining eye contact. This creature will not respect weakness on my part, Saemund thinks to himself.

GM: The hawks sits calmly as Saemund touches it, always maintaining eye contact with him. The bird fluffs its neck feathers and stretches its wings. It appears to be a very powerful bird. It stands about 2' tall from feet to head, its wingspan about 6'.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Seamund looks over at Merin and Indigo. Umm, so what do I do now? I'd like for it to fly ahead of us a scout, it can also feed if it want to. Or should I name it first?

Remove ads