TUW: Welcome to the Jungle

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
"Perhaps we should avoid this area"

Sannit shakes his head. "We are already on a mission to intercept and recruit Asylim's workers, but maybe this valley has equal significance. Before we act rashly we can investigate the other clan."

Bolo says nothing, but she keeps her senses on their surroundings in case the Da'Roneh decide to attack.

Turtle stays alert with Bolo.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Sheldon Engages the Conversation

Sannit shakes his head. "We are already on a mission to intercept and recruit Asylim's workers, but maybe this valley has equal significance. Before we act rashly we can investigate the other clan."
Sheldon runs his left hand through his hair removing the tie he had originally added before joining the scout crew.
"You have a point. The two clans are evidently well established. We can come back here, and I think we should. At this point we can take the horse and move back into the jungle where we were and proceed on our way. I think it will take some time before the Da'Roneh will mobilize any investigation, even if we were noticed.

On the returning here note, this is what I am thinking: That ridge is the eastern edge of this range binding the jungle. Just over it is the road between Asylim and Boga City. How much more time might it be before they become a threat along that road? At this moment the adversary across the lake keeps the balance, but while one does not seem to be able to conquer the other, both will be growing in power. If we return to engage one, we will need to engage the other also.

I do not see us as the ultimate protectors of the growing societies, but maybe we are. We are not forcing any philosophy or way of life on anyone else. I see us as simply putting ourselves between the naturally aggressive peoples of the land and the peaceable societies. Asylim is our main enemy, but it is yet beyond our direct approach. If Saucy Drip can make a standing node by manipulating Way so that an item retains power like those slaver's collars, I do not think we are ready to go right at him.

Well, I have blathered on quite a bit. What say the rest of you
?"

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Bolo turns to look at the others and her stare is cold. "Let us wipe these Da'Roneh out and then see if the Mhytres are hostile. If so we take them out too. Let us cleanse this valley of the clan war."

Turtle stands up on his hind legs and claps.

Sannit grips his spear. "Okay then, I change my vote."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Tor says, “So be it. Leaving such an aggressive tribe un-checked will only lead to greater difficulties in the future.”

Merin nods. “I am with you, to the bitter end.

Last edited by a moderator:

MacConnell

Day 238: The Da'Roneh

Bolo turns to look at the others and her stare is cold. "Let us wipe these Da'Roneh out and then see if the Mhytres are hostile. If so we take them out too. Let us cleanse this valley of the clan war."

Turtle stands up on his hind legs and claps.

Sannit grips his spear. "Okay then, I change my vote."
Tor says, “So be it. Leaving such an aggressive tribe un-checked will only lead to greater difficulties in the future.”

Merin nods. “I am with you, to the bitter end.
Indigo says,
"We should leave the horses here, then come back for them. We should not put them in direct risk when combat ensues."

She speaks quietly to her mount and the colts. Sheldon hands over his mount. The horses seem content to graze, moving deliberately back the way the party has come as they do. Sheldon and Indigo move toward the direction of the sentry post.

Sheldon adds,
"If we are dealing with opponents younger than ourselves, I intend to cloud their minds to the point of inactivity. If we meet equal foes, I intend to jolt them to their core and end them."

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund nods along with the plan, reminding himself of his oath to never end another person's life unless absolutely necessary. He says as much to the party.
"Friends, before we enter combat you should know that I have taken an oath to never take another life unless I must. I will incapacitate, and I will defend myself and I promise that I will not put any of your lives at risk, if I must kill to save one of you from death I will. However, I will begin the outset of every engagement with an attempt to turn or incapacitate my foes. If one of you decides to take their life after ward I will not judge you, I speak only for myself in this matter."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin says, "If we are fighting opponents younger than ourselves, I will seek to paralyze them. Otherwise, I will burn them with the Phoenix Feather."

Tor nods in agreement. "I will do the same, although I don't think I'm as good at it as you are, little brother. If it comes to lethal combat, I will put my enemy to the sword."

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
I will begin the outset of every engagement with an attempt to turn or incapacitate my foes.
If we are dealing with opponents younger than ourselves, I intend to cloud their minds to the point of inactivity.
If we are fighting opponents younger than ourselves, I will seek to paralyze them.

Sannit searches through the inventory and takes out an ingot of tin. He holds it up and says, "We have looked into the power of this metal and we can use it to take the minds of our opponents, although the tin will crumble to dust in its use. Perhaps this is a good opportunity to utilize it." He will keep one of the tin ingots for his own use.

Bolo nods to the other Seekers. "I will not interfere in your choices, but I am shooting to kill."

Turtle scratches his back on a tree. He really doesn't care which people live or die other than the Seekers.

redraider629

Explorer
Vadin draws his sword, and says to the others,
"Do what you must, my friends. My plan is to use my sword."

Vadin readies his mind and body for combat.

MacConnell

Day 238: The Da'Roneh Sentries

The party moves through the jungle quietly and efficiently, moving southward along the clearest path on the eastern side of the lake, staying close together. At the point where the sentry post can be observed, it is manned by 3 Da'Roneh.

The clan has apparently established itself within the trees, arboreally. The Seekers can see that aerial pathways have been constructed between large trees, allowing the Da'roneh to travel aloft, staying approximately 4 paces above the ground. One of the pathways can be seen leading farther away from the left sentry tree, but details beyond the sentry posts cannot be determined from this distance, due to the thickness of the foliage.

The Sentries have no visible weaponry. All are wearing a jute skirt, shin guards, and bracers. The one that appears older is also wearing a wide belt that is not fabric but its material cannot be determined at this distance.

The Sentries appear alert and attentive, mostly focused on the direction from which the party is approaching.
Car5818.jpg

OOC: The brown squares are tree trunks. The light green represents the normal coverage of jungle foliage. The darker green squares are foliage from the larger trees. The ground is relatively clear under the dark green foliage. The beige squares are clear areas. The rate of movement through light green squares is halved. The large trees can be climbed.

The party has not, yet been seen.

Last edited:

Remove ads