• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TUW: Welcome to the Jungle

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 238: The Remaining Enemy

Unseen by the Seekers, the 4 Da'Roneh at the back of the formation, turn and run from an obviously superior force. They begin moving as fast as each is able back toward their village.

The 2 unhindered Da'Roneh moving toward Bolo and Sannit, ignore their suddenly unconscious comrade to press their attacks.
[sblock=Knife]Da'Roneh: 14(attack) + 20(precision) + 24(fury) + 50(d100) = 108
Sannit: 52(defend) + 33(preservation) + 33(konokoro) + 90(d100) = 208
Bolo: 36(defend) + 39(preservation) + 28(konokoro) + 72(d100) = 175[/sblock]
GM: The paltry attacks of the Da'Roneh are so pathetic that they are almost comical to Sannit and Bolo. The opponent engaging Sannit cannot even make contact with him. The one on Bolo, though he cannot effectively attack, thumps Bolo when she blocks his knife.

[sblock=Thump]Da'Roneh: 22 + 63(d100) = 85
Bolo: 38(conditioning) + 54(fury) + 66(d100) = 158[/sblock]
GM: Even the attempted Thump is useless. The 2 Da'Roneh are too greatly outmatched, Sannit and Bolo quickly and efficiently dispatch both. Bolo, angry about Turtle, put an arrow cleanly through her opponent.

The remaining functional Headhunter not already engaged moves in on Indigo attempting to Thump her as he moves.
[sblock=Thump]Headhunter: 34 + 73(d100) = 107
Indigo: 37(conditioning) + 43(fury) + 62(d100) > 107[/sblock]
GM: The Headhunter lacks sufficient skill to harm Indigo and she readily cuts him down with her swords. The other Headhunter that was facing off against Tor and Saemund is easily dispatched.

Instantly assessing that he remains alone against the full force of the Southroad Seekers, the second Blighter smartly runs.
[sblock=Da'Roneh Data]Blighter: unconscious
Mind: 10 - 3 - 8 = -1
Headhunter: dying
Headhunter: dumbfounded
Persona: 4 - 21 = -17
Headhunter: dazed
Mind: 10 - 5 - 2 = 3
Headhunter: incapacitated
Body: 10 - 5 - 3 - 9 = -11
Headhunter: dumbfounded
Mind: 10 - 17 = -7
Body: 10 - 10 = 0
Body: 10 - 11 = -1
Headhunter: dying
Body: 10 - 20 = -10
Da'Roneh: dazed
Mind: 10 - 6 = 4
Da'Roneh: dazed
Mind: 10 - 9 = 1
Da'Roneh: unconscious
Mind: 10 - 10 = 0
Da'Roneh: dumbfounded
Mind: 10 - 19 = -9
Da'Roneh: incapacitated
Body: 10 - 15 = -5
Da'Roneh(3): incapacitated
Body: 10 - 14 = -4
Da'Roneh(2): dying[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]Sheldon: Mind: 10 - 1 = 9: dazed
Stealth = 89
Indigo: Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
Tor: Mind: 10 - 1 - 2 = 7: dazed
Merin: Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
Stealth = 347
Bolo: Mind: 10 - 3 - 1 = 6: dazed
Motility = +26, Duration: 10 minutes
Sannit: Mind: 10 - 3 - 3 = 4: dazed
Turtle: Mind: 10 - 7 - 9 = -6: unconscious
Saemund: Mind: 10- 1 = 9: dazed
Feroz: Mind: 8 - 6 = 2: dazed
Vadin: Mind: 10 - 3 = 7: dazed
Motility = +22, Duration: 15 minutes
Health = 9, Duration: 8 minutes[/sblock]
Combat has abruptly ended. The old battlefield site littered with the bodies of new foes.

car62718.jpg

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund looks at Tor...Do what you will with those I have incapacitated. I will not judge any of the party, but I cannot take their lives. Although I do not suggest we leave them alive. The logical inconsistency of the statement does not escape Saemund, he thinks to himself. I don't have time to debate this within myself...I will concern myself with it when the job is done.

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
I will not judge any of the party, but I cannot take their lives.

San-Bolo will aid in cutting the throats of any still living Da'Roneh. Bolo says to Saemund, "I consider this act saving the lives of people we have never met."

Once all opponents are dispatched San-Bolo will move to Turtle and use Way to Soothe the bear, each other, and any others that join in. After healing is performed San-Bolo will search the corpses for anything useful. After that they will search the battle area.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Saemund offers no verbal reply, he merely nods in acceptance of Bolo's rationale and goes about collecting way enhancing materials from the bodies.

MacConnell

Saemund looks at Tor...Do what you will with those I have incapacitated. I will not judge any of the party, but I cannot take their lives. Although I do not suggest we leave them alive. The logical inconsistency of the statement does not escape Saemund, he thinks to himself. I don't have time to debate this within myself...I will concern myself with it when the job is done.
Sheldon finds himself thinking along similar lines. He has no qualms about dispatching those of the enemy who are injured. He considers this mercy, but those who have lost self-awareness, he wonders if they should be eliminated as well. He thinks about the Da'Roneh who ran. ~That is an improvement from the cannibals we usually encounter. Maybe there is some hope.~

Indigo has no such moral dilemma. In fact, she has no emotional consideration for the enemy at all. With a quick flick of her sword she ends any enemy who is still breathing.

Sheldon shrugs. Since Indigo is able to act where he had pause, he goes to Turtle to assist Bolo in his recovery, then moving to the other Seekers who need assistance.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Indigo said:
Indigo has no such moral dilemma. In fact, she has no emotional consideration for the enemy at all. With a quick flick of her sword she ends any enemy who is still breathing.

...Except for the one next to Tor. The big warrior shares Indigo's pragmatic disposition, and ends the Da'Roneh in a similar manner, quick, clean, merciful.

~The choice is simple. These people are abberations, living outside the bounds of morality and compassion. Their continued existence threatens the lives of innocents. Nothing is gained from hating them; the need to kill them is simply a harsh reality, no, a necessity, in order to ensure the survival of people who would otherwise become their potential victims. Because I am civilized, I will do my duty, and dispatch them; because I am compassionate, I will make their deaths swift, painless, and merciful. I shall show them infinitely more compassion than they would have shown one of their victims.~

Merin watches Tor dispatch his enemy with a wistful look, as if he can read the big man's thoughts. He nods at him, in acceptance of his decision.

MacConnell

Day 238: Spoils of War

Once all opponents are dispatched San-Bolo will move to Turtle and use Way to Soothe the bear, each other, and any others that join in. After healing is performed San-Bolo will search the corpses for anything useful. After that they will search the battle area.
Sheldon and Indigo will help tend to any Seekers who need aid, then search the fallen foes, as well.
[sblock=Soothe]Sheldon: 78
Indigo: 65
Sannit: 63
Bolo: 79[/sblock]
There are a total of 17 fallen foes. Eight of which appear to be young adults, 4 of those are male and 4 of those are female. No matter the gender, these are clothed in a jute skirt, jute shin guards, and jute bracers. Jute is a corded fabric made from fibrous plant material called batton. It likely has been produced from the reeds growing around the lake. All Da'Roneh are armed with a small, stone bladed knife.

An additional 8 appear to be a bit older. In addition to the identical jute clothing of the younger, they are also girded with a snakeskin belt. The eldest Da'Roneh is male and in addition to the snakeskin belt also has a snakeskin mantle.

While gleaning the battlefield, 20 items that indicate some proclivity for Way are discovered. All Da'Roneh are adorned with bird feet, hence the name of the clan. Some of these seems useful, some do not.

As the party is searching the field, at the western edge of suitable visibility range, are noticed 3 figured just standing observing the party's actions. They are dark, chromatically skinned Mhytres. Though none of the Seekers has ever seen one before. They are recognized as Deviard. When they see that they have been noticed, the Deviard back away quickly and cautiously, moving farther westward, away from the party.
[sblock=Character Data]Sheldon: full health
Indigo: Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
Recover Time: 2 hours / (18 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 85(d100)) = 19 seconds
Tor: Mind: 10 - 1 - 2 = 7: dazed
Recover Time: 3 hours / (12 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 81(d100)) = 29 seconds
Merin: Mind: 10 - 2 = 8: dazed
Recover Time: 2 hours / (15 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 88(d100)) = 19 seconds
Bolo: Mind: 10 - 3 - 1 = 6: dazed
Recover Time: 4 hours / (26 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 95(d100)) = 46 seconds
Sannit: Mind: 10 - 3 - 3 = 4: dazed
Recover Time: 6 hours / (16 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 63(d100)) = 1 minute, 12 seconds
Turtle: Mind: 10 - 7 - 9 = -6: unconscious
Recover Time: 16 hours / (7 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 50(d100)) = 3 minutes, 18 seconds
Saemund: full heath
Feroz: Mind: 8 - 6 = 2: dazed
Recover Time: 6 hours / (10 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 87(d100)) = 58 seconds
Vadin: Mind: 10 - 3 = 7: dazed
Recover Time: 3 hours / (15 + 78 + 65 + 63 + 79 + 100(d100) + 52(luck) = instantaneous
Health = 9, Duration: 8 minutes[/sblock]
[sblock=New Items]Various Bird Feet: 9 pair
Various Feathers: 5 sets
Various Stones: 5
Heron Skull: 1[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
3 figured just standing observing the party's actions . . . the Deviard back away quickly and cautiously, moving farther westward, away from the party.

Sannit says, "They'll be expecting us now. They did not seem as bloodthirsty as the Da'Roneh. Perhaps we can find some reasonable people in this valley after all. We should still proceed cautiously. Those three let us see them, perhaps to lure us into their own trap."

MacConnell

Sheldon Enters the Conversation

Sannit says, "They'll be expecting us now. They did not seem as bloodthirsty as the Da'Roneh. Perhaps we can find some reasonable people in this valley after all. We should still proceed cautiously. Those three let us see them, perhaps to lure us into their own trap."

Sheldon runs his left hand through his hair, pulling it back from his face.
"'They will be expecting us, now?!' They should have been expecting someone all along. The weapon of choice of these Da'Roneh is sound. In addition to it being extremely painful this close, the whole southern part of the continent will have heard those blasts... Okay, that is a bit of an exaggeration. Also, I am not so sure they let us see them, but I am definitely with you on a cautious approach."

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Merin and Tor both state their agreement.

Merin says, “We’ve already been told back in Boga City that all of the tribes who naturally manipulate Way are hostile, aggressive, and maniacal. If we proceed to their camp, we should expect a fight. I doubt they’re the talkative types. Especially since they’ve seen our abilities; my guess is that they will either attack us on sight out of fear, or they will attack us on sight out of thrill-seeking and/or greed. Either way, I expect them to attack.”

Tor nods, “Agreed. That is a sound assessment.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Remove ads