• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Tweaking Divine Vigor

Liquidsabre

Explorer
Hello folks, I've seen this feat used and have used it myself for a cleric PC and I must say it does appear to be one of those "must-have" feats for a cleric/paladin. This being the case, the feat has been offically "dubbed" too-good and I'd like to see someway to keep the feat in play but in a slightly toned down version.

Any suggestions? ;)

The +10 speed is not bad, it's just the +2 temp HP/level that makes the feat a bit over the top. The only suggestions I've some up with so far are:

+10 Spd, +1 HP/level -or- +3 HP/2 levels

and

+10 Spd, +4 Con.

Both at the same duration as Divine Vigor. The second option provides a similar benefit but rather than temporary hit points but instead more HPs but at a cost (as the barbarian's increase HPs work), that is, the HPs go away when the effect wears off. As an added benefit all modifiers affected by Con also increase so it takes away but adds a bit as well.

Thoughts or other ways folk may handle this feat in their games?

Remove ads