• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

TWF with Speed weapons

TheEvil

Explorer
The Speed enhancement states that the wielder of a speed weapon gets an extra attack with that weapon when they make a full attack. It also says that the benefit is not cumulative with similar effects, such as the haste spell. Is there any official ruling whether or not you get an extra attack with each weapon during a full attack if you are wielding two?

The question came up in game last week and caused considerable disagreement. I figure it would be a good idea to get ahead of this before we reach a level where it is actually an issue we need to deal with (we just reached level 6, so it is a ways off).

Rampant

First Post
If you wield multiple speed weapons, then each of them gets an additional attack during a full attack action.

You cannot however use haste to get two additional attacks on the same speed weapon.

If a hasted creature made a full attack action with one speed weapon, and one non-speed weapon I'm pretty sure they can get an extra attack, but only with the non-speed weapon.

Also why does no one like speed weapons, Speed+wounding=hurt.

TheEvil

Explorer
Suggestion: Get better enchantments on the item and bypass the issue completely.

Thank you for you helpful response Dandu. While you are often very knowledgeable, you are often also immature. Please try to grow up a little. If you are going to make a snarky comment, at least try to include something relevant.

Last edited:

kitcik

Adventurer
He did - the enchantment is a waste.

That said, I don't believe any multiple speed or haste abilities can be combined under RAW.

On the other hand, TWF meeds a break so...

TheEvil

Explorer
There is no firm answer to the question you seek.

Godspeed and amen.

Better, thank you. I enjoy a good snarky comment as much as anyone, but it is like going to a nudist event as a single guy, you got to bring something to maintain the balance. ;)

For the record, I agree that speed is too expensive to be worth it, but since it is another player bringing it up and the GM has admitted he is not sure how to rule, I figured I would help him out by looking into it.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
but it is like going to a nudist event as a single guy, you got to bring something to maintain the balance
Personally, I bring an impressive free-swinging counterbalance.

Usually a bag full of bottles of fine wine.

Remove ads