• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two-fisted Shooter feat?

kugelkj

First Post
I think i am missing something about this feat...

it is already a free action to reload (the feat allows with one hand) but if you are using another hand crossbow (or other one handed weapon) in your other hand how could you reload it at all (since you have no free hands)?

I though the point of the feat was to let you dual wield hand crossbows but I just don't see how this feat achieves it... someone please help me understand

Obryn

Hero
If the feat says you can reload with one hand, you can. :)

I figure the rogue in my group with this feat has some weird belt-attached cartridge thingy or something of that nature.

-O

BobTheNob

First Post
I wouldnt put too much weight in the whole "how is it possible" bit. If the player pays the feat, let em do it.

Remember, we are playing a game with elves and ogres in a fantasy world which is governed by gods and primodrials and the dead walk. Surely we can suspend disbelief just a little bit further ;)

Dalzig

First Post
How can people reload two pistols at the same time? They're just that good.

I've once described the reloading process as tossing up my other weapon/crossbow, reloading the crossbow, firing a shot and finally catching the first weapon with a neat little flourish.

Dr_Sage

First Post
If the feat says you can reload with one hand, you can. :)

I figure the rogue in my group with this feat has some weird belt-attached cartridge thingy or something of that nature.

-O

I agree.

Basically this feat only shines if your gamming group pay attention to the minor actions needed to do various things.

Regards!

Destil

Explorer

it is already a free action to reload (the feat allows with one hand) but if you are using another hand crossbow (or other one handed weapon) in your other hand how could you reload it at all (since you have no free hands)?

I though the point of the feat was to let you dual wield hand crossbows but I just don't see how this feat achieves it... someone please help me understand

Try not to look too hard at this or blinding barrage with a crossbow. At least this I can see something kinda serviceable description working for... never mind cloud of steel.

kugelkj

First Post
i seem to have come across like i didn't believe this was possible. let me clarify: I'm not particularly worried about what the mental construct of my character is doing... or what is possible in "reality." when I read the feat description its doesn't seem to significantly change the game mechanics involved... so you can reload both h. crossbows, big deal. why is wielding two h. crossbows desirable?

what is the advantage over wielding a single sup crossbow with speed loader? or a shrunken or dagger? a little extra range? far thrower takes care of that.

so i get to make a free (i'll infer that it is a free action since this isn't specified) ranged basic attack when i score a crit with my primary h. crossbow? how often does that happen? there are only three rogue powers that i can find that open the range of rolls that score a crit.

what is the benefit of h. crossbow being off-hand? none of the feats and class abilities that apply to wield two weapons apply since they all specify melee weapons

I guess I'm asking people who use this feat... how do you use it to advantage? is it better to have two h. crossbows or melee and h. crossbow? why is that better than sup crossbow and speed loader? what other feats do you take with this one to make it more worth while than i'm interpreting?

can you show me a unique rouge build that uses this feat? one thats different from any other ranged rouge?

Omen of Peace

First Post
I plan to use it later on with my Rogue: a dagger as his main weapon and a hand crossbow in his off-hand. The extra attack should come more often once he becomes a Daggermaster ; even with another PP a Jagged weapon can help get more crits.

The goal (for me) is to blend ranged and melee attacks.

DracoSuave

First Post

Say it with me now.

Game of Superheroic Fantasy

Not Game of Realistic Fantasy.

Now go to the chalkboard and write 'This is not a G R R Martin simulation' 100 times.

kugelkj

First Post
i seem to have come across like i didn't believe this was possible. let me clarify: I'm not particularly worried about what the mental construct of my character is doing... or what is possible in "reality." when I read the feat description its doesn't seem to significantly change the game mechanics involved... so you can reload both h. crossbows, big deal. why is wielding two h. crossbows desirable?

what is the advantage over wielding a single sup crossbow with speed loader? or a shrunken or dagger? a little extra range? far thrower takes care of that.

so i get to make a free (i'll infer that it is a free action since this isn't specified) ranged basic attack when i score a crit with my primary h. crossbow? how often does that happen? there are only three rogue powers that i can find that open the range of rolls that score a crit.

what is the benefit of h. crossbow being off-hand? none of the feats and class abilities that apply to wield two weapons apply since they all specify melee weapons

I guess I'm asking people who use this feat... how do you use it to advantage? is it better to have two h. crossbows or melee and h. crossbow? why is that better than sup crossbow and speed loader? what other feats do you take with this one to make it more worth while than i'm interpreting?

can you show me a unique rouge build that uses this feat? one thats different from any other ranged rouge?

i hate repeating myself...

Remove ads