• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two-Handed Weapon Expertise - CB incorrect?

spinmd

Fishy DM
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise reads as follows:
Benefit: You gain a +1 feat bonus to weapon attack rolls you make with a two-handed melee weapon. In addition, you gain a +1 bonus to the damage rolls of charge attacks you make with a two-handed melee weapon. Both of these bonuses increase to +2 at 11th level and +3 at 21st level.

In the CB, the to-hit bonus is only being applied to melee weapon attacks, not close burst 1 weapon attacks. I would think it should apply to all weapon attack rolls with a two-handed weapon, be they melee or close attacks. Seems to be a case of confusing melee (attack type) with melee (weapon description).

I know the CB shouldn't be taken as a rules source, but before I fire off a bug report, I thought it would be good to solicit other opinions. Is my interpretation that the bonus should apply to close burst weapon attack correct?

Rampant

First Post
First off which book is that feat from?

Secondly check the online compendium if you can, the feat may have been errata'd.

Finally, you'll probably end up notifying wizards because it sounds like you're right and this is a glitch with the CB.

spinmd

Fishy DM
Two-Handed Weapon Expertise is a feat from Heroes of the Feywild and the description above is from the online compendium.

The two powers are:
Strength from Valor: Paladin Encounter L3, has Divine and Weapon Keywords (Divine Power) - a close burst 1 power
Spirit Harrow: Paladin Daily L9, has Divine, Psychic, Shadow, and Weapon Keywords (Heroes of Shadow) - a close burst 1 power

Both powers are not applying the bonus to-hit from Two-Handed Weapon Expertise in the CB. Or other selected powers (which are all Melee Weapon attacks) have the bonus.

Ferghis

First Post
If everything is as you state it is, it does look like a bug. If you want to really be through, before you report it, make a new character from scratch, and just add the powers and feats you mentioned (and any necessary pre-requisites such as class). Make sure to equip the weapon in both hands of the character.

If the bonus still is not applied correctly, then report it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads