Two Hobbit Films???

horacethegrey

First Post
Ranger REG said:
The Monty Pythons are still around? :\

Must not be as well-preserved as Keith Richards.

Maybe not all of them (RIP Graham Chapman), but if even one Python like Eric Idle can mount a musical like Spamalot, I don't see Python spoof of LOTR can't happen today.

If you have the chance, there's an episode of Flying Circus you should watch where they made a hilarious parody of the Icelandic epic Njal's Saga. I wouldn't mind it if they did their LOTR spoof in that same vein.

concerning the 'two movies' thing... I've long thought that if they really wanted to do another ME movie other than the Hobbit, they could do one set during the time of the War of the Ring, around the battle at Dale and the Lonely Mountain... Sauron sent a large force to take this place, and the Dwarves and Men of Dale barely won, losing both their kings in the process....

Ranger REG

Explorer
David Howery said:
concerning the 'two movies' thing... I've long thought that if they really wanted to do another ME movie other than the Hobbit, they could do one set during the time of the War of the Ring, around the battle at Dale and the Lonely Mountain... Sauron sent a large force to take this place, and the Dwarves and Men of Dale barely won, losing both their kings in the process....
Perhaps, but everyone would rather see Hobbit (hopefully produced and directed by PJ) first.

That story above, is it detailed in the LOTR appendix? Any ME literary works outside of LOTR and Hobbit belong to Tolkien Estate and they're adamant about licensing them to another medium (e.g., films).

Ranger REG said:
Perhaps, but everyone would rather see Hobbit (hopefully produced and directed by PJ) first.

That story above, is it detailed in the LOTR appendix? Any ME literary works outside of LOTR and Hobbit belong to Tolkien Estate and they're adamant about licensing them to another medium (e.g., films).
it's not really detailed anywhere... it is briefly mentioned in the main text of LOTR....

Squire James

First Post
Ranger REG said:

Yes, it is. Basically, anything that happened from Sauron's "commissioning" of the Rings of Power in the Second Age is pretty much fair game. I can see a fair bit of drama about the Fall of Numinor, for instance. Think of it - the last king of Numinor had an army so powerful they invaded Mordor and CAPTURED Sauron (a bad idea, as it turned out, but impressive nonetheless)! It had a very dark ending, and some people really like that sort of thing.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Squire James said:
Yes, it is. Basically, anything that happened from Sauron's "commissioning" of the Rings of Power in the Second Age is pretty much fair game. I can see a fair bit of drama about the Fall of Numinor, for instance. Think of it - the last king of Numinor had an army so powerful they invaded Mordor and CAPTURED Sauron (a bad idea, as it turned out, but impressive nonetheless)! It had a very dark ending, and some people really like that sort of thing.
Some.

If they can expand on the material without help from other sources, they should go for it ... AFTER Hobbit.

Remove ads