• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Kingdoms [Group 2]

Walking Dad

First Post
Cyrus

"Don't forget rule D: Attack only targets of military targets and opponents. Is lifestock really a millitary target. I mean, what next: Poison their food and give their animals diseases?" Cyrus asks.

G

Guest 11456

Elaine 'IcyHot' Sharptail

A wicked grin crosses the tiefling's face. "Poison and disease!" She gets a distant look for a bit. "Unfortunately we do not have access to such things." She returns to her post. "We will discuss this further in the morning. Get some sleep."

Caros

First Post
The remainder of the night was thankfully uneventful, the light of dawn cresting over the hills only a few hours later. And then they were off, a full day of travel ahead of them as they sped towards the suggested sites.

They arrived by nightfall, searching between dozens of possibilities. Finally, as things were begining to get frustrating, the squad caught a hint of light flitting through the woods ahead of them.

Upon investigation they would find a clearing, Fifty feet across. Inside was a five foot wall, Twenty feet to a side, forming a square around a small tent set up in the middle. Lanterns dotted the makeshift structure, and four guards, Paladins from the look of them, made rounds at the corners, pacing from corner to corner, obviously alert, though unable to see into the woods.

[sblock=Readme]Well, since everyone is here, you guys get an additional update. Yay! Map is included of the immediate area. Muhahaha.... sorry. ^_^

Since they are unaware of you, I'm holding off on initiative until they see you. Your group has time to plan, and you get a surprise round unless you do something dumb.

Oh, and I'm still working off of crappy maps at the moment. Sorry =([/sblock]

Attachments

• Map2.JPG
    Map2.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 91

Arkhandus

First Post
Buddy "The Badger" Kelwin

Looking into the clearing, Buddy says "Hm. So, here we are. No livestock or wagons that I can see, but the supplies might be in that tent. Or might be dropped off there in the next few days. I guess we raid the tent and see what's there? Probably have to take the guards down too."

He claps his hands together, though quietly. "So! Badger time! Right? I summon a dire badger to tunnel under the clearing and into the camp, then we jump out from the tunnel and surprise those guys! And my badger bites one in the face! Actually, I'll summon two, for two tunnels, so we can jump out faster!"

[sblock=ooc]For reference, from the SRD:
"They cannot burrow into solid rock, but can move through just about any material softer than that. A dire badger usually leaves behind a usable tunnel 5 feet in diameter when burrowing unless the material it’s moving through is very loose."

Buddy can summon a celestial dire badger with Summon Monster III, that will stick around for 20 rounds (from his Thaumaturgist class feature) and burrow 10 feet per move action, so 20 feet per round. He can summon 1d3 of them with Summon Monster IV, which he'll probably use instead, since he only has 1 SM3 prepared.[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Elaine 'IcyHot' Sharptail

"I agree. Perhaps we should each choose one and attack in unison. Thoughts? We could also use a silence spell in concert with a darkness spell to cause further confusion."

[sblock=OOC]Is each guard walking back and forth on one side? If so, they probably can't be synchronized completely. At any given time two might be near enough to a corner to catch both in an area effect spell.[/sblock]

Last edited by a moderator:

Caros

First Post
Update... Roll initiative.

[sblock=Read Me]Alright, roll initiative. I want casters to have spell lists on both this thread and the ooc.

The guards are moving 20 feet and making a spotcheck, In round 1, corner 1, round 2, corner 2, round 3m corner 3 etc. Technically by rules the guards will overlap every round they move, but the intent is to have them march, stand, march, stand. So consider that a house ruling.

That said, A decent number of radius spells will still hit if centered on the middle of the wall. Furthermore, commotion will probably get them to group up.[/sblock]

Arkhandus

First Post
Buddy's Initiative: 14
First combat initiative (1d20+1=14)

[sblock=ooc]So....er....are we going with Buddy's plan or just charging at the walls like green recruits? I'm still not sure where the entrance is or what kind of gate it is, if we're doing the latter. Are the walls wooden, or stone, or something else?

Buddy's spell list, as in the PDF:
0-Level: 2 Create Water, 2 Light, 2 Read Magic
1st-Level: 2 Divine Favor, 1 Doom, 1 Magic Stone (domain spell), 2 Summon Monster I
2nd-Level: 1 Soften Earth and Stone (domain spell), 1 Sound Burst, 2 Spiritual Weapon, 2 Summon Monster II
3rd-Level: 2 Dispel Magic, 2 Stone Shape (1 domain spell), 1 Summon Monster III
4th-Level: 1 Divine Power, 1 Lesser Planar Ally, 2 Summon Monster IV, 1 Summon Nature's Ally IV (domain spell)
5th-Level: 2 Summon Monster V, 1 Wall of Stone (domain spell)[/sblock]

Caros

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Ask and you recieve answers my good friend ^_^;

The walls are wood, probably three feet thick. Heavy suckers, and nothing visible to carry them in.

No gate, or hinges for that matter, seems to be one solid peice from where you're standin.[/sblock]

Remove ads