D&D General Two new D&D novels coming from Penguin Random House: "The Fallbacks: Bound for Ruin" (FR) and "Spelljammer: Memory's Wake"

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
I hadn't seen these discussed here, and wanted to spread the word:

It's nice to see more D&D novels coming down the pipeline, as I liked how many there were back in the heyday.

pukunui

Legend
I hadn't seen these discussed here, and wanted to spread the word:

It's nice to see more D&D novels coming down the pipeline, as I liked how many there were back in the heyday.
That first one sounds like it will be setting up the Vecna adventure. It's got him on the cover in the background, and the mysterious, sentient spellbook is most likely the Book of Vile Darkness.

Not sure what the Spelljammer book ties into, if anything.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I remember hearing about the Fallbacks a bit ago, but the Spelljammer book is interesting.

These are a bit different from old times D&D novels, in that they are being produced by Tabdom House licensing the IP from WotC, rather than being made by WotC themselves.

I remember hearing about the Fallbacks a bit ago, but the Spelljammer book is interesting.

These are a bit different from old times D&D novels, in that they are being produced by Tabdom House licensing the IP from WotC, rather than being made by WotC themselves.

I've read both of Django Wexler's Magic the Gathering novels, Gathering Storm (Ravnica), and Sundered Bond (Ikorea).

I enjoyed his writing and given the volume of novels he's written, he certainly has experience.

I'm okay with the choice, but dang is the details sparse.

Huh, I didn’t spot that Django Wexler was writing the Spelljammer one, thanks @Henadic Theologian . That’s gone from a curiosity to a probably-buy to me, I really enjoyed his Shadow Battalions series, even though the last book didn’t quite stick the landing.

aco175

Legend
Stealing the name Fallbacks as a rival adventuring party to the PCs. The Pine-riders would also work since they never get to play and only sit on the bench.

I'm familiar with Django Wexler, his series the Shadow Battalions is very much one of the defining novels for the "Flintlock Fantasy" subgenre, in a series that was very much based on Napoleon and the French Revolution.

Remove ads