• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two New Templates - Comments Welcome

Pure Puppet

First Post
I thought these up quite recently. Snake is a template I created for a sort of serpent-like creature. I wasn't really satisfied with the Reptilian template from Savage Species, so I snipped bits of that and the Yuan-Ti tainted one template and used them in Snake. I'm really unhappy with the name, however - if you have a better name for it, feel free to say so.

Filth-encrusted is something I just completed a couple of minutes ago, while I was thinking of what kind of creatures you could reasonbly expect to find in a sewer. It took me about fifteen minutes to create, so it might be a little out of whack.

Snake
Template
"Snake" is an inherited template that can be added to any Giant, Animal, Humanoid, or Monstrous Humanoid (hereafter referred to as the base creature) with a skeletal system. A Snake has all the base creature's characteristics except as noted here.
Size and Type: Size remains unchanged. Humanoids with this template become Monstrous Humanoids, and Animals become Magical Beasts. They gain the Reptilian subtype.
Hit Dice: Unchanged.
Speed: The base creature gains a climb speed equal to its base land speed.
AC: The base creature gains an additional +4 bonus to natural armor.
Attacks: The base creature gains a bite attack if it did not already have one. If it did possess a natural bite attack, increase the damage as if it were one size larger.
Damage: If the base creature is described as being proficient with weapons, than the bite is a secondary natural attack. If the base creature is not described as being proficient with weapons, than the bite is a primary natural attack.
Special Attacks: Snake creatures gain a poison that does 1d4 Constitution damage plus 1d2 secondary Constitution damage. This poison is injected with a successful bite attack.
Special Qualities: The base creature gains 60-foot tremorsense and darkvision. If the base creaure had either of these qualities, their range is doubled.
Abilities: +4 Dex, +2 Wis
Climate/Terrain: Any Temperate and Underground.
Organization: As base creature.
Challenge Rating: As base creature +1
Advancement: As base creature.

Filth-Encrusted
Template
‘Filth-Encrusted’ is an acquired template that can be applied to any corporeal creature (hereafter referred to as the base creature) that has spent at least one month in a sewer or similar location. A Filth-Encrusted creature has all the base creature’s characteristics except as noted here.
Size and Type: Unchanged.
Hit Dice: Unchanged.
Speed: Unchanged.
AC: The base creature gains a +1 deflection bonus to AC.
Attacks: Unchanged.
Damage: Unchanged.
Special Attacks: The base creature can make a melee touch attack to smear some of it’s filth on an opponent. The filth is so toxic that the affected creature must make a DC 15 fortitude save or immediately contract filth fever. If the base creature has a natural attack, it inflicts filth fever without the need for a touch attack.
Special Qualities: The base creature gains the stench special quality. All creatures within 30 feet that do not have the Filth-Encrusted template must make a DC 15 fortitude save or be shaken for ten rounds. A creature with the Scent ability takes a -4 penalty on the saving throw. If the base creature possessed the Scent ability, it is lost.
Saves: Filth-encrusted creatures receive a +2 bonus on all fortitude saving throws, and an additional +4 bonus on saving throws to resist disease.
Abilities: +4 Con, -2 Cha
Climate/Terrain: Any Underground.
Organization: As base creature.
Challenge Rating: As base creature +1
Advancement: As base creature.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads