• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two questions, Ravenloft/Sigil

zoggynog

First Post
Ok my favorite DnD braintrust, I have two(ish) questions for you.

There may be answers for both officially in 4e (and I've just missed them), or this might just come down to you folks giving me some educated guesses based on lore from various editions.

1. How are divine powers used on Sigil when it is "godless"? Wouldn't the Lady of Pain see the use of these powers as an issue?

2. My understanding with Ravenloft in 4e is that it exists within the Shadowfell, in the Demiplanes of Dread, put their by the Dark Ones. It is always implied in the lore I've read that Barovia/Ravenloft was once part of the Material Plane or in 4e's case "PoLand".

SO:

A. Where in "PoLand" was Barovia once located...Outside of Nerath or inside somewhere?

B. When the Dark Ones scoop up a place and make it a Demiplane of Dread, what is left in the Material Plane/PoLand? A big hole? The same land with all of the people/dwellings gone? Does the rift left heal making travel from one side of where Barovia was to the other instantaneous...as if it were never there?

Yea, so that was more like several questions...sorry for the rambling.

FINAL THOUGHT:

Yes I know as DM I can come up with whatever best suites me, no need to spell that out for me. I'm really just looking for actual information referencing these things (in any edition) or some thought out logical conclusions based on published canon.

Thanks All! :D

zoggynog

First Post
Well good Sir.

Some folks on the WOTC forums refer to the "Point of Light" setting (the main world referenced in 4e) as PoLand for short. So yea, it's a nickname for PoL and has nothing to do with the real Poland. Hope I've cleared that one up!

Quickleaf

Legend
zoggynog said:
1. How are divine powers used on Sigil when it is "godless"? Wouldn't the Lady of Pain see the use of these powers as an issue?
The LoP doesn't allow gods in Sigil, but their followers are free to come and go. It's not the gods themselves the LoP has an issue with, it's any being powerful enough to challenge her dominion over Sigil, including demon lords, archangels, primordials, far realms monstrosities, etc.

Klaus

First Post
1 - Sigil is offlimits to deities, but not to the divine power source. Stuff works just as normal.

2 - No official answer, but I'd put it in Karkoth or thereabouts.

3 - No official answer (again), but when Lord Soth was trapped in Sithicus, Dargaard Keep still existed in Krynn. So I'd say the "blueprint" still exists.

Klaus

First Post
An addendun to 3: not every domain has a material "blueprint", specially those created for darklords that were already in the domains of dread before ascending to power.

Remove ads