• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Questions

Aristeas

First Post
1) Does the Arcane Mastery feat from Complete Arcane, which allows you to take 10 on Caster Level Checks, allow you to do so in combat? It doesn't seem like it should, since it says that it works the same way as skills, but the description refrers to "defeating the arcane defenses and spells of others," which is something unlikely to come up in non-stressful situations.
2) Does a wizard in a twilight mithril chain shirt really have a 0% Arcane Spell Failure chance? Do the spell failure chances from Twilight and mithril stack, in other words?

mikebr99

Explorer
Aristeas said:
1) Does the Arcane Mastery feat from Complete Arcane, which allows you to take 10 on Caster Level Checks, allow you to do so in combat? It doesn't seem like it should, since it says that it works the same way as skills, but the description refrers to "defeating the arcane defenses and spells of others," which is something unlikely to come up in non-stressful situations.
I'd let it work in stressful situations... YMMV.
Aristeas said:
2) Does a wizard in a twilight mithril chain shirt really have a 0% Arcane Spell Failure chance? Do the spell failure chances from Twilight and mithril stack, in other words?
I don't know...

Mike

Rhun

First Post
Aristeas said:

This was actually discussed around here a few days ago. I believe the consensus was: Whatever you rule as a DM.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads