Two questions.

FurryFighter

First Post
True, but people tend to incorrectly refer to the various targeting abilities as "marks", so I feel that it's worth noting.

I suppose my reason for bringing up the mark issue, apart from the fact that it was a bit ambiguous, is that if you look at combat challenge for fighters, and divine challenge for paladins, they run like this:

DCh = -2 penalty to hit, and first time it attacks something else that isnt you, who marked it, it takes some radiant damage.

Cch = -2 penalty to hit, and the first time it attacks something else that isnt you, OR it shifts while adjacent to you, gain a basic melee attack against it as an IMMEDIATE interrupt.

So, if they stack, the creatue could have -4 penalty, and take some damage no matter what they do.

Throw on warlock curses, hunter quarry, etc, and even if that creature is elite solo, its going down fast..

I dont own the PH2, but I suppose looking at the DCh and WCrs, they say that another persons Dch or WCrs doesnt stack, so I suppose it is to infer that it limits stacking by class, and not to all classes marks.

Another ambiguity is abilities that mark something until the end of your jnext turn. lots of classes have that, and this language as defining what you do..

Last edited:

bonus

First Post
Does a mark imply a -2 attack on attacks that don't include you? Like, do the Warden's marks give the marked targets a -2 to attacks? How about some of those Cleric encounter powers, which just say that a target is marked but they don't say what kind of effect that mark has.

abyssaldeath

First Post
Does a mark imply a -2 attack on attacks that don't include you? Like, do the Warden's marks give the marked targets a -2 to attacks? How about some of those Cleric encounter powers, which just say that a target is marked but they don't say what kind of effect that mark has.
Mark is a condition that is listed on page 277 of the PHB. Unless a power states otherwise marks only apply -2 to attack anyone but the person that marked them.

Remove ads