• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two quick questions

lightful

Explorer
Hey gang !

I’ve got two quick questions:

1) Does a protection from alignment spell offer any kind of protection against a charm person spell ? From a RAW standpoint I would think not since the protection offers protection from effects which grant control over the subjects mind which charm person explicitly does not.

2) Does a mystic theurge gain the bonus spells per level associated with his clerical domains ? And I suppose that the same question is true for any clerical prestige class that grants + spell levels. Here I can see arguments being made for both sides.

Thanks !

Infiniti2000

First Post
1. Protection from alignment does two separate things in that regard.

A. Protects against all enchantment (charm) effects. So, yes, charm person is foiled.
B. Protects against enchantment (compulsion) effects that grant ongoing control.

2. The character gains spells in the class as normal for that class. A cleric therefore gains the bonus domain spell for obtaining an odd clerical "class level" (meaning cleric + mystic theurge level).

Remove ads