• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General Two underlying truths: D&D heritage and inclusivity

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I would have the base orc be as open as possible. The setting determines how they act in that world based on lore. Any race should be as open and inclusive as possible. It shouldn't require work for us to make the race more inclusive to playing certain races, it should require work to make the races more restricted in certain worlds.

Mercurius

Legend
I would have the base orc be as open as possible. The setting determines how they act in that world based on lore. Any race should be as open and inclusive as possible. It shouldn't require work for us to make the race more inclusive to playing certain races, it should require work to make the races more restricted in certain worlds.

Fair enough. Would you apply the same to all humanoids? What about monsters and monstrous races (e.g. yuan-ti, rakshasa, illithid, etc)?

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Fair enough. Would you apply the same to all humanoids? What about monsters and monstrous races (e.g. yuan-ti, rakshasa, illithid, etc)?
I'm fine with Fiends and Aberrations being almost universally evil. Illithids have to eat brains to survive, so they have to be evil. Yuan-Ti and current 5e Gnolls are in a weird point, where they probably should all be evil, but I haven't made my mind up about it.

Mercurius

Legend
I'm fine with Fiends and Aberrations being almost universally evil. Illithids have to eat brains to survive, so they have to be evil. Yuan-Ti and current 5e Gnolls are in a weird point, where they probably should all be evil, but I haven't made my mind up about it.

I suppose it would depend upon (added) lore? Meaning, someone suggested added fiendish ancestry to gnolls...maybe they are demons who were "left behind" after a demonic incursion in the elder days, and adapted to the Prime Material.

Please stop contributing conflict. People are trying to have civil conversations.
Yeah, we were discussing here. Don't be a troll. We're on the same side of this conversation, and Mercurius was asking an honest question and we were being constructive.
That was an honest answer. I gave. Please do not tell me how to post. Do not tell me that I am contributing conflict when I am not. Stop that.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
I suppose it would depend upon (added) lore? Meaning, someone suggested added fiendish ancestry to gnolls...maybe they are demons who were "left behind" after a demonic incursion in the elder days, and adapted to the Prime Material.
Isn't that kind of the current lore? They were hyenas that ate the spoils of Yeenoghu's rampage and were corrupted by the demonic power. They're essentially demons in humanoid forms, in the current lore.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
That was an honest answer. I gave. Please do not tell me how to post. Do not tell me that I am contributing conflict when I am not. Stop that.
Sorry if I misunderstood your post, but the "red herring" part seemed like an attack, and an attempt to escalate the conflict. We both interpreted it as trolling, which is against site policy. We agree on this topic, we're just trying to keep it civil.

Remove ads