Two-Weapon Fighting - Is this possible?

Yunru

Banned
Banned
The bolded is untrue. Please refer to the shield master debates for clarification.
Shield Master merely requires you take the Attack action. TWF requires you make an attack (with the Attack action).

Edit, re: X and Y babble:
It's not the difference between "If X, then Z" and "When X, Z." It's the difference between "When X, Z" and "When X+Y, Z." TWF simply has more prerequisites.

Last edited:

Could you give some examples of these real world double light weapons please?
I'm not entirely sure that I'm understanding what you are envisioning here: 5e doesn't have double weapons. the staff used to be in 3e but is no longer for example.

Which styles would these weapons be able to use together?

Well, Darth Maul's lightsaber comes to mind. It's real to me! :p Maybe a bat'leth? Though that might not be considered light...

Well, Darth Maul's lightsaber comes to mind. It's real to me! :p Maybe a bat'leth? Though that might not be considered light...
Neither of those are real world examples. :p
They're both two-handed weapons and (assuming you converted the lightsaber into a staff or double-ended sword) not light weapons.
I don't see how these would allow combining multiple weapon styles other than the usually-allowed ones.

Dausuul

Legend
I usually only allow TWF with rapier and dagger, and as such i would allow TWF to stack with duelist since that makes sense rp-wise and realistically viewed.
Duelist seems to stack with sword and shield style so it does not prevent you from Holding something in your offhand.

By the book it should be allowed, even without the ^^ munchkin dance of cheese ^^ you described in the OP :p
The book very explicitly forbids it. The Duelist style says it applies "when you are wielding a melee weapon in one hand and no other weapons."

Oofta

Legend
I like my version better

When I read "knip it in the butt" all I could think was

coppertone_moment_by_loraleidarkchylde-d53oruu.jpg

Coroc

Hero
[MENTION=58197]Dausuul[/MENTION] #45 thanks for correcting me, i had remembered that wrong. I still would use my houserule on the rapier dagger combo or rapier buckler but that's to specific for most i guess.

Hriston

Dungeon Master of Middle-earth
[MENTION=58197]Dausuul[/MENTION] #45 thanks for correcting me, i had remembered that wrong. I still would use my houserule on the rapier dagger combo or rapier buckler but that's to specific for most i guess.

I would allow the duelist fighting style to apply to the use of a main gauche, just as if a buckler, cloak, lantern, or torch was being similarly used, basically treating the dagger as a non-weapon for the purpose of the fighting style. I would not, however, allow a bonus action attack from two weapon fighting on the same turn.

Remove ads