• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Two Weapon Fighting question

Havlo

First Post
Does the Two Weapon Fighting feat require a full round action to use? It doesn't say in the feat description. I am playing a scout and have seen a lot of builds that use twf, but if it takes a full round action, that would seem to counteract the skirmish ability. Is there an official ruling on this somewhere I am missing?

Talic

First Post
Any time you make more than a single attack in a round, you are required to use the full attack action.

Certain factors can alter this, such as the Complete Adventurer feat "Dual Strike" which allows both attacks to be made as a standard action with a single attack roll.

MarkB

Legend
Almost all options that allow multiple attacks in a round, including Two Weapon Fighting, require a full round action to use. As a standard attack action, you will only be able to make one attack.

The PHBII includes a useful feat to get more out of TWF and Skirmish. Called Two-Weapon Pounce, it allows you to make one attack with each weapon when making a Charge attack.

Havlo

First Post
That's what I thought, I was just wondering why people would be building twf scouts. Doesn't make much sense if they need to be moving all the time.

irdeggman

First Post
Havlo said:
That's what I thought, I was just wondering why people would be building twf scouts. Doesn't make much sense if they need to be moving all the time.

and that is the real limiter in that class - only 1 attack per round.

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
Take a level in monk, and see if your DM will allow you to rent time on a Sparring Dummy of the Master (A&EG) at the local monastery.

A Scout who can take a 10 foot step is a joy to behold :D

-Hyp.

Havlo

First Post
Hypersmurf said:
Take a level in monk, and see if your DM will allow you to rent time on a Sparring Dummy of the Master (A&EG) at the local monastery.

A Scout who can take a 10 foot step is a joy to behold :D

-Hyp.

Now THAT would be interesting!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads