• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E Two Weapon Fighting Question

was

Adventurer
I am looking to build a dagger fighting fighter/rogue. I am aware that the TWF feat
and using a light off-hand weapon reduces the penalties to -2 / -2 .
Is there any official way to drop it further?..like maybe some errata I am unaware of
..not wanting to just houserule it
If both weapons are light does that reduce it?..or does the book ascribe the same -2 penalty for a pc to say wield a battleaxe and dagger that it does for two daggers?
Is there any trait that might reduce it?
Thanks in advance for any info.

Wolf72

Explorer
I think, as per core PF rules, you've got the gist of it.

Weapon focus in dagger would reduce your effective penalty to -1/-1 ... weapon finesse would allow you to use your (supposedly higher) dex for attack rolls.

I believe Battle axe and dagger would be the same -2/-2.

(side note: invest in quickdraw ... you can throw your dagger(s) and then draw another one so you're always ready)

BlackSeed_Vash

Explorer
If playing 3.5 compatibility, there is the PrC Tempest (Complete Adventurer, pgs 81-82). At 2nd level, the penalties for fighting with 2 weapons is reduced by 1. At 4th level, the penalties are reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0 for using light off hand). If the above is allowed, you should also consider the feat Oversized Two-Weapon Fighting from the same book (pg 111) which allows you to treat a one handed weapon in the off-hand as light for the purposes of two-weapon penalties.

And if you have an extra feat to burn, you might also consider Exotic Weapon Proficiency: Bastard Sword.

Ramaster

Adventurer
Not in PF that I'm aware of.

In my opinion, multiclassing with fighter is a bad idea. Just go Full rogue. Take the Knife Master and Scout archetypes, pick a small race and you are good to go. Take some ranks in Use Magic Device for those few times when sneak attacks are not possible and go to town.

IF you are so inclined to take fighter levels, then you have to consider this:

1st lvl: Good BAB, a small boost to fort saves and hit points. Also a bonus feat.
2nd lvl: Same as 1st, really.
3rd lvl: If you pick the archetype Weapon Master, you get weapon training here. If not, then Armor training.
4th lvl: Weapon Specialization.
5th lvl: Only worth taking if you are REALLY feat-starved (even with two weapon fighting feats, you shouldn't be, with the rogue talents) or if you didn't go Weapon Master.

delericho

Legend
There's a 3PP feat from Rite Publishing Way of the Samurai (PFRPG) called Skillful Followup that allows +2 bonus to all iterative attacks. First attack no bonus, all subsequent attacks are -3 instead of -5 with this feat (and also apply to offhand iterative attacks with 2 Weapon style). Of course its 3PP, so not exactly official PF.

That's... not the best-written feat I've seen. The "Benefit" described is at odds with the way the "Normal" describes it.

Suppose you have three attacks, at +15/+10/+5 (without this feat). According to the "Benefit" description, you get a +2 bonus to each of the second and third attack: +15/+12/+7.

However, according to the "Normal" description, the -5 iterative penalty drops to -3, which would instead give +15/+12/+9.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
That's... not the best-written feat I've seen. The "Benefit" described is at odds with the way the "Normal" describes it.

Suppose you have three attacks, at +15/+10/+5 (without this feat). According to the "Benefit" description, you get a +2 bonus to each of the second and third attack: +15/+12/+7.

However, according to the "Normal" description, the -5 iterative penalty drops to -3, which would instead give +15/+12/+9.

I agree the language is a bit cumbersome, it should be a +2 bonus on all iterative attacks - I didn't design/write this. That was Jonathan McAnulty ("Wicht" on these boards).

skydreamz

First Post
trait Serpent Runner will reduce it by 1

two-weapon warrior fighter archetype also reduce the penalty

or you can worship pharasma for +2 bonus on dagger (ISG)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads