• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

UA beginning adventure based on GenCon

iamrpgdm

Explorer
Has anyone thought of doing an adventure based on GenCon? I haven't been to GenCon myself, but seeing pictures of it, I can definately see an adventure there. You've got people dressed up to look like characters/creatures of all different types. Any Shadow creatures could "blend" in and the characters could be gamers who find out that some of these "attendees" are truly what they appear to be. There's also all sorts of unusual and interesting things going on. Well known publishers, etc. could be replaced by dopplegangers or controlled by demons or whatnot. What might make it even more enjoyable would be running it at GenCon.

Psychotic Jim

First Post
What would be an interesting twist is that the creatures/organizations/cultures (like elves, dragons, Vampires, etc.) depicted in RPGs existed in real life and deliberately made these games so that if anybody discovered their existence they would mocked as lunatics and be discredited. The "fantasy" beings would have exaggerated their mythical features so much in the fantasy literature in order to make everyday people automatically associate them with the impossibility of existing in real life. Sort of a cover-up plot by remaining ever visible.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads